No announcement yet.

A thread about Doctor Who

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a super cool project by six dudes who have no connection to the beeb just going out on their own and colourising a whole episode of Doctor Who because why the fuck not? From what you can see in the video it looks amazing and I hope the BBC supports 'em. I'd love to do something like this- this is way outside my skillset but some kind of restoration project for the community would be super fun and fulfilling.

Its surprising how much of a difference colourisation makes. I was watching Tomb Of The Cybermen yesterday and was saying how the damaged black and white footage makes it feel like its from a whole different era than Pertwees episodes even though in reality there's no gap at all. This Hartnell episode looks like a completely different experience.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Classic Doctor Who to start streaming for free on Pluto TV.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/clas...treaming-free/
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Just watched the McGann telemovie. I haven't seen it since it was originally broadcast. Back then I took Doctor Who seriously enough that this episode felt like an act of terrible blasphemy. The Doctor kissing. The Doctor continuously claiming to be half human (on his mother's side). The Master as a wierd mix of the Terminator and some sort of snake spirit. I would happily have wished death on all involved.

Now it's a very wierd little curio. Doctor Who looking and sounding like an episode of Charmed. It's not actually the worst thing ever made. The production values are very 90s tv but money was spent and it looks okay. The Tardis is a bit chintzy and extravagant. McGann was good casting. Couldn't make head or tale of the plot though.

It's odd that this is now cannon but I guess we don't have to worry about the doctors supposed half human heritage after the most recent Chibnal ep.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Update on S13.

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/doctor-w...eks-series-13/
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Tom Baker and Louise Jameson Recorded a Brand New Doctor Who Adventure Entirely During Lockdown

https://io9.gizmodo.com/tom-baker-an...cto-1843160940
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Original Season 14 is out in the UK on Monday. The BBC limit these things to such tiny runs they sell out months in advance, it's bloody ridiculous. The stubborn fuckers need to increase the print run, especially for Tom Bakers. I ordered mine mid January from Amazon, so I'm hoping they'll come through, but it seems they always take more orders than they're actually allocated. If I don't get my copy I might sell my other seasons, I can't be bothered to keep playing their games.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• It may be blasphemous to some, but may favourite Dr. who is the Dr. who vs the Daleks movie.

Comment

• I love the Daleks Invasion Earth movie and Cushing's take on the character. He lived in the town next to where I grew up, he was a bit of a local legend. My dad's friend was a policeman there, he'd drop a bottle of Scotch off at the station every Christmas and gave him a signed Sherlock Holmes book once.
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                    It may be blasphemous to some, but may favourite Dr. who is the Dr. who vs the Daleks movie.
                    Which was the original co-feature for...Night of the Living Dead!

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                      I love the Daleks Invasion Earth movie and Cushing's take on the character. He lived in the town next to where I grew up, he was a bit of a local legend. My dad's friend was a policeman there, he'd drop a bottle of Scotch off at the station every Christmas and gave him a signed Sherlock Holmes book once.
                      That's awesome.

My dad's brush with fame was being a bad influence on Bret Hart's older brothers and making sure they stayed out of the fights they started,

Comment

• Oh, God. Is Tom Baker dead? That banner...
                        Marshall Crist
                        Last edited by Marshall Crist; 05-16-2020, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• No need to worry, he is fine!
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• At this point I've done almost 300 banners. I've started PMing people on here for banner suggestion. This one is Dom's.
                            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• This is kind of... cute? I guess cute is the word. It's a fell good article anyway.

How the Woman Behind Doctor Who: Lockdown Created a Lifeline for Fans

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/how-the...sands-of-fans/
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• This an odd one, over on the official youtube Doctor Who channel they're releasing classic DW stories edited down in 30 minute episodes. So far I think they've done Hand Of Fear and Battlefield. I watched Hand Of Fear. It's a very choppy edit that doesn't flow as a story at all. They've just lifted big chunks out almost at random.

Got me thinking though, done well, and at an hour rather 30 minutes, I'd actually like the idea. The old episodes are usually padded to hell and it would be easy enough to cut deeply into them without losing anything. As a fan I'd want the full thing but having the episodes available in that format would make them accessible to new Who fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X