Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whovian

Comment

• New York, NY, April 29, 2015 - BBC Worldwide North America brings yet another incredible Doctor Who experience to the U.S. The Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular, a live show, which sold out when it premiered in Australia, will be staged for the first time in the U.S. at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Wednesday October 7, 2015. The event, produced and presented by Vision Nine, will be one of the headline events of New York Super Week, which takes over the city October 5-11 in the lead-up to the main event New York Comic Con, taking place October 8-11 at the Javits Center.

The show will be hosted by actor Michelle Gomez who portrays Missy, the latest incarnation of the Doctor's arch-nemesis the Master. She first appeared on-screen in 2014 and returns to Doctor Who in the new season scheduled to air on BBC AMERICA this fall.

Michelle Gomez comments, “I was a big fan of Doctor Who before I joined the cast, and I love Murray Gold's powerful and emotional soundtracks for the series. This live show has been a big hit with fans of the series in other countries, and I know that Doctor Who fans in North America have been waiting for their turn to see it. I'm so excited to be presenting the first-ever American performances, and to be doing this in the city that has become my home. I can't wait 'til this fall to see how the amazing U.S. audience reacts to the show being staged in the Big Apple. I'm honored to be a part of it.”

The Doctor Who Symphonic Spectacular, which celebrates the world's longest running science fiction TV series, features the captivating and award-winning music of Murray Gold who has composed for the series since 2005. The show will feature over 100 musicians and singers under the talented conducting baton of Ben Foster (conductor, The Theory of Everything). Fans can expect to see some of the Doctor's most fearsome adversaries live on stage including Daleks, Cybermen, Judoon, Whispermen, and more. The live performance will be accompanied by a big screen presentation of key moments and specially edited sequences from the past decade of Doctor Who.

Tickets will go on general sale via the venue box office and website at 10am on Friday, May 8, 2015, with prices starting at $50.50 per ticket.
      More information about the show and tickets can be found on the official website at www.doctorwhosymphonicspectacular.com
      Tickets will be available to buy from www.barclayscenter.com, by phone at 800-745-3000, or at the American Express Box Office at Barclays Center beginning Friday, May 8 at noon.

Date and Venue: Wednesday, October 7,2015, Barclays Center,
      620 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217, USA
      Times: 3:00pm afternoon matinee and 7:30pm evening performance
      Suggested age: 6 years upwards
      (this recommendation is based on the nature and duration of the show; younger ticketholders will be admitted)
      All children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
      Running time: 2 hours (plus interval)
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Recently watched City Of Death, because it was a Tom Baker one I hadn't seen and it had John Cleese in it, however briefly. Neat aliens hiding among us sort of plot and I dug how none of the Mona Lisa paintings were fake as they'd all been painted by Leonardo, even the ones with the warning written on the back. Goofy monster effects but I dug it.

Den Of Geek has some info about S9 here today:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...-for-gallifrey
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• RAD.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rumor has it that there will NOT be a series 10 in 2016...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/08/...medium=twitter
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Straight from the BBC... no official decision has been made yet.

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...series-in-2016
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Well The Brain of Morbius is one of my favorite serials ever, but can we please have the Doctor be a bit of a Cosmic Traveller anymore? Gets on a planet, gets involved, leaves, not everything will end in his or the world's destruction.

Off topic, I just imported enough 80's material to finish my 80's Who-Thon. I've gone from Baker's final season (The Leisure Live to Logopolis), all through the Davision, and Colin Baker eras, and am now at Time and The Rani.
                    EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

• Vote on who was the worse Dr. Who.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/09...rst_time_lord/

Comment

• My vote for David Tennant is going to make a real impact against all those people that seem to think Colin and Sylv were bad.
                        EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

• It's now been confirmed that Coleman is leaving the show.

http://www.gamesradar.com/rumour-ale...ts-doctor-who/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I just realized that since cancelling cable, I won't be able to legally watch the premiere tonight. Sad face.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              I just realized that since cancelling cable, I won't be able to legally watch the premiere tonight. Sad face.
                              Amazon, you can buy the episode tonight, watch it in the morning. I've done it that way for YEARS.
                              EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

• Jenna Coleman is officially leaving for real this time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho...9-2fad42c46da3
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X