New Netflix Series - Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
    He played Freddy Krueger in the Nightmare on Elm Street films. Wore a fright glove.

Why do we not have an Off Topic Forum?
    THAT'S where I recognize the name from.

Comment

• Wait, are you talkin' about Old Fred Kruger who lives on the other side of the dune?
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Wait, are you talkin' about Old Fred Kruger who lives on the other side of the dune?
        I think so. The janitor in the basement of The Dunes who wears the striped sweater and fedora to work.
        Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

I think so. The janitor in the basement of The Dunes who wears the striped sweater and fedora to work.
          Yeah, they gave him two kids to keep safe from Darth Vader, but they both came to an unfortunate end.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Yep that's the guy.

Comment

• RIP, Carrie n Luke. You had obi wan job, Freddy, and you duned it.

Off topic, but I think it's genius that the movie about the psychic girl with the religious mom was called CHRISTINE, and the psychic car movie CARRIE.

Here is a diagram:

CARRIE == psychic car
              CHRISTINE == psychic Jesus

Or am I thinking of THE SENDER?

Comment

• I dub thee, "Why Do We Not Have An Off Topic Forum?" and revel in the warmth of past memories. Good to see all of you in here.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	AdamandKitty.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	412.6 KB
ID:	359869
                  Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• Good times.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26948[/ATTACH]
                      Ha, this made me guffaw quite heartily while I was on a work call and it confused everyone. I didn't explain why I laughed, I just pretended I didn't and moved on.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm a few episodes into the new set. A damn good time in front of the telly. There seems to be a bit of a feeling round these parts that this show has gotten weaker by the season (although if you go back and have a look at the first couple pages the reaction to the original season was lukewarm to start with). My feeling is it's gotten better each season. The lightening of tone through season 2 and 3 was welcome though it was in danger of veering off into a pastiche of itself. No worries there. For my money this season finds the best balance between horror and levity.

The length of it is somewhat challenging though. The first 2 episodes clock in around 80 minutes each. That's as long as an 80s horror movie! I love that directors have this kind of freedom to cut things as they want but I hope they don't start abusing the privilege.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• This is most definitely the best season so far. The new villians more fun than the Aliens-esque monsters of the previous seasons and it juggles a large number of characters and scenarios about as gracefully as you can do. I'm told the last two episodes to come in July hit a combined 4 hours in length. The last in particular stretching out over a leisurely 2 and a half hours which makes that episode in itself it a good deal longer than pretty much any of it sources of inspiration. Interesting move. I read an article that said that the episode lengths are due to Netflix strictly budgeting this for 9 episodes at $30 million each. There wasn't the option for more episodes, they just had to let the individual episodes spill out all over the place. It didn't seem to be a very informed article though so I have no idea if that's true.
                            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• I'm looking forward to starting it. We're always in the middle of various shows before we want to take on something new but this will definitely happen sooner rather than later. Glad to hear you enjoyed in, Dom.
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Four episodes in and not feeling it, but I'm glad folks are enjoying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X