No announcement yet.

New Netflix Series - Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Episode 8 - WTF is this, X-Men meets Suburbia?

They lost me with this one. I'll finish the season and hope it gets better. First 7 episodes were good.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• 8 was a stupid mess. And it's not like they couldnj't have cut all of that shit out, it doesn't affect the storyline even slightly.

Comment

• I thought it was Episode 7 that everyone hated. :(

Comment

• I didn't mind it. It showed El cared about her life back with Mike and Hopper more than her need for revenge. It makes her a bit more "human." Not my favorite episode but I didn't mind it.

And it was episode 7.
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• How can you guys be so wrong?! Season 2 was way better than season 1 and I liked season 1 a lot. There's quite a few complaints about the pacing but season 1 was far from a sprightly show. The first half of that series in particular was glacial. With this I really felt like we always getting new stuff. Which is a good trick considering I'd figured it had already shown its hand in season 1. Episode 7 is admittedly a disaster. I actually quite like the idea of that episode but the execution is off. All the new characters are dreadful. I'm guessing it's important for the next series though to be introducing the idea of other psychics.

Has to be said, brilliant cast on this. The cop is fucking great but the chubby kid with the curls is a superstar. Career prediction: after Stranger Things wraps up we don't here from him for 15 years. Then one day you're watching an action flick and our hero pulls himself from some recently exploded scenery, rises slowly into frame like the hero he is, fairly glistening with maschismo and unbridled male sexuality... and the person next to you will turn to you and say: "You know that's the chubby kid from Stranger Things?"
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• I doubt it'll be that memorable in 15 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                I doubt it'll be that memorable in 15 years.
                Early onset Alzheimer's is a bitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                  I doubt it'll be that memorable in 15 years.
                  Would I be right in thinking it's the first horror series that's hit it big with The Great Unwashed? I'm wracking my brains trying to come up with something else... X Files had horror elements but doesn't really count. After that I start to draw a blank... Anyway given it's rarity in it's genre and it's popularity I think it's forever. Popular horror tends to never be forgotten.
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                    Would I be right in thinking it's the first horror series that's hit it big with The Great Unwashed? I'm wracking my brains trying to come up with something else... X Files had horror elements but doesn't really count. After that I start to draw a blank... Anyway given it's rarity in it's genre and it's popularity I think it's forever. Popular horror tends to never be forgotten.
                    It's definitely the first one in recent memory. It's insanely popular.

Finished S2 last night. Enjoyed it enough. Not as good as S1, thought it was a bit too much of a rehash honestly, but I do still like the characters and the performances and if S3 was announced a little preemptively, so be it, I'll watch it just to see where it goes from here.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• It appears, in addition to the already available Blu-ray/DVD combo, at the end of November/start of December, Target will be selling a 4K UHD/ Blu-ray combo pack. You can see pictures here and here

Comment

• Yeah, fuck them for waiting a few weeks after the standard release before announcing the 4k release. Assholes.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• So Netflix officially confirmed S3 is happening.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm shocked.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                              I'm shocked.
                              Lies!
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Ya' got me.