No announcement yet.

New Netflix Series - Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 2 was pretty good. You'd think for a season with only 9 episodes that there wouldn't be much in the way of filler but you'd be wrong. There was some definite filler.

Not as strong as season 1 but a good continuation of the story.

Edit: things that annoyed me:

The 80's references were a little too much this time. Especially the Ghostbusters reference. And episodes 7 and 8 felt like filler.

Otherwise it was solid but not better than or equal to season 1.
    Alex K.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 10-30-2017, 05:04 AM.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

episode 7 was a bit of a mood killer. think they kinda dropped the ball with that part. used to work on transition in mixtapes in a notebook in high school

Comment

I'm only about 5 episodes in, and I'm thinking that renewing this for a third season already was probably overkill. It's okay, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
          I'm about half way through season 2. It's definitely much more of a slow burn unlike season 1.
          wtf season 2 is even slower than season 1? pass.
          winona ryder still do this thing with her eyes?

Comment

Originally posted by killer must kill again View Post
            winona ryder still do this thing with her eyes?
            Go easy on her. She's high as a kite.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Episode 7.....LAME.

Comment

I warned you.

Comment

Okay, so one of those split faced things could ruin everybody's life in part 1...but 40000 of them can't do anything but run away and eat 3 Musketeers bars in part 2???

I think it's funny that the only part I was genuinely moved by in this was the kid with the hair who couldn't get the cool girls to dance with him at the end. They could've done away with the whole "Mamma" thing, gotten rid of the stupid gang element, made this six episodes and it would have been way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                    Okay, so one of those split faced things could ruin everybody's life in part 1...but 40000 of them can't do anything but run away and eat 3 Musketeers bars in part 2???
                    Just like Aliens nerfed the xenomorph from Alien.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      I think the dogs weren't fully evolved yet like the creature in the first season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                        Just like Aliens nerfed the xenomorph from Alien.

Hahaha, but Stranger Things ain't no ALIENS...

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Of course there is. Half way through S2. Not as good as S1. Kinda slow. I'm enjoying it enough though.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• season 1 set pretty high standards for season 2. almost impossible to meet or exceed. one bit of the story should have waited, in my opinion. the story with the mom. think season 2 would have been better without that. also the opening with 8 could have been tacked onto the end. think that would have been better.

other than that i enjoyed season 2. my only complaint about it is with the music. one of the big surprises of season 1 for me was hearing Tangerine Dream, Joy Division, New Order pop up. anyway, was really looking forward to hearing the music during season 2. Tangerine Dream did pop up and so did Fad Gadget but the rest of it was big radiofriendly stuff which is cool but left me kinda disappointed

Comment

Working...
                              X