No announcement yet.

New Netflix Series - Stranger Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really enjoying it. I love "kid horror" like Monster Squad and The Gate and stuff like that so this is right up my alley. And yeah, I love all the 80s references!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
      I'm looking forward to series 2 anyway though I'm kind of surprised they're sticking with the same cast. I would have thought a Fargo-esque reinvention each year would be the way to go as this story feels done but who knows? Maybe they've got some good tricks up their sleeves.
      Having now finished it, I kind of agree. I think a Fargo style reinvention would give the series more legs. Regardless of where they go from here, I enjoyed the last half of the eight episodes a fair bit more than the first four. They did a good job of building suspense and developing the characters. There was a bit more CGI than I would have liked (kind of took away from the 80s feeling a bit here and there, but I also admit a bias in that dept!) but the effects and set design were really good. Quite slick looking. As was noted earlier, some of the performances are hit and miss but overall I thought that the cast was pretty good. That kid who played Eleven was really good.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Next season?

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Someone put a lot of work into this.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/..._glossary.html

Some spoilers there if you haven't finished the series.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Lot of serious reaching in there.

Comment

You think? Except for a couple of more recent movies (MINORITY REPORT, UNDER THE SKIN) which I think probably were influences rather than references, that seems pretty accurate. Maybe THEY LIVE is a stretch -- sometimes an alley fight is just an alley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                Maybe THEY LIVE is a stretch -- sometimes an alley fight is just an alley fight.
                It is, but when we were watching it I said 'hey this is like the fight from They Live' so at least two people got that vibe.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's such a fridge-clearing stew of leftovers I'm fine with it. I was trying to be generously skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry M View Post
                    You think? Except for a couple of more recent movies (MINORITY REPORT, UNDER THE SKIN) which I think probably were influences rather than references, that seems pretty accurate. Maybe THEY LIVE is a stretch -- sometimes an alley fight is just an alley fight.
                    The creature is drawn to blood. Like Jaws. Meh. They play games like the Last Starfighter.

Comment

Any reference with the older brother was lost on me cause I was like, HEY!!! It's DEE DEE!

Comment

The mashed potatoes were way runnier than in Close Encounters, too.

Comment

Also runnier than in LICENSE TO DRIVE.

Comment

See?

Comment

Some details on the soundtrack release coming soon from Lakeshore/Netflix. Digital first, then CD, but you can bet that sooner rather than later someone will do a swanky expensive vinyl release.

http://pitchfork.com/news/67214-netf...social_twitter
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                                X