No announcement yet.

Star Treks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picard series finale to get Imax screening.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/sta...bs-1235578879/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming to UHD 6/13/23.

Click image for larger version

Name:	344576281_794789471730752_2863221955482161693_n.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	180.3 KB
ID:	413659
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming in October via Paramount.

Star Trek: The Picard Legacy Collection (1987-2023)
        35 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES
        PREMIUM PACKAGING CONTAINING 54 DISCS, 154 Episodes and Exclusive Collectables
        All Series and Films Featuring Captain Jean-Luc Picard
        Star Trek: The Next Generation® – Seasons 1-7
        Star Trek: Picard – Seasons 1-3
        Star Trek: Generations
        Star Trek: First Contact
        Star Trek: Nemesis
        Star Trek: Insurrection
        Exclusive Collectables:
        Magnetic Captain Picard Badges
        4 Custom Chateau Picard Drink Coasters
        Custom Deck of Playing Cards
        Exclusive Version of The Wisdom of Picard, The Wisdom of Picard: The Legacy Collection Edition
        Featuring New Cover Art
        Including quotes from the latest seasons of Star Trek: Picard
        Optional English SDH subtitles

Name:	355015195_736131088474805_8269702953716227326_n.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	415969
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming 7/30/24 from Decal Releasing:

An intimate portrait of William Shatner's personal journey across nine decades of a boldly lived and fully realized life, YOU CAN CALL ME BILL strips away all the masks he has worn during his storied career, to reveal the man behind it all.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
          Live Q&A with William Shatner and Alexandre O. Philippe, hosted by Tamara Krisnky
          Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Name:	441552454_886848863485543_3335940321003841509_n.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	176.3 KB
ID:	433066
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
            Anyone watching Strange New Worlds? I have a strange relationship with Star Trek. I didn't watch it growing up, preferring more anarchic British Sci-fi, and yet I've seen a hell of a lot of Star Trek over the years. TNG and Voyager are both shows I put on to go to sleep to. Not because they're bad but just because they are comfortable. Generally they're simple low stakes stories, you know no one important is going to die and at the end of the 45 minutes the story will be reset to exactly where it started. I'm not sure they're good but it's comforting. I didn't get into Picard or Discovery because they don't tick those boxes at all. SNW though is very much a return to old Trek. There's one overarching story arc that barely intrudes and otherwise it's just episode of the week. These have been very variable in quality, with more highs and lows than the previous series, but still refreshing to get this kind of program. Absolutely cracking production values as well.
            Checked this out fairly recently and it's the first Trek series I'd consider actually good since Deep Space 9.

The episodic structure is refreshing after so many year of baggy overplotting becoming the norm for tv series, similar to Pokerface in that regard.

I think S2 is stronger than the first with better episodes and an admirable willingness to go out there with the musical and cartoon episodes.

Each episode has a clear 'hook' or idea that it explores which is fun and prevents it from getting dragged down.

Comment

Discovery final season and complete series releases coming soon from Paramount.

Name:	445014372_897560629081033_5488159657994516901_n.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	433818

Name:	444946790_897560639081032_5261414933691384300_n.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	433819

Name:	444946663_897560659081030_8281404207996882705_n.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	298.3 KB
ID:	433820
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Does anyone here still follow Star Trek? I tuned out after DS9. I saw the three JJ films but they're really not my thing. I did watch some of Picard, but apart from a remarkably slinky looking Jeri Ryan, there wasn't much to keep me interested.

Odd how funding from streaming can prop up franchises like Trek and Star Wars without vast audiences watching them any more. In the old world they probably would have been shit canned years ago.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                  Does anyone here still follow Star Trek? I tuned out after DS9. I saw the three JJ films but they're really not my thing. I did watch some of Picard, but apart from a remarkably slinky looking Jeri Ryan, there wasn't much to keep me interested.

Odd how funding from streaming can prop up franchises like Trek and Star Wars without vast audiences watching them any more. In the old world they probably would have been shit canned years ago.
                  I'm a big classic Trek fan and I like Next Gen but all the new stuff really isn't for me. The recent movies were like parodies of everything I like about Trek, loud, crass and dumb. The new shows are all about violence, war and revenge.

We will never get an even keeled thoughtful Trek again. It's a shame because there is so much potential there and especially these days we need something that shows the future with positive possibilities.

"When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

I'm a big classic Trek fan and I like Next Gen but all the new stuff really isn't for me. The recent movies were like parodies of everything I like about Trek, loud, crass and dumb. The new shows are all about violence, war and revenge.

We will never get an even keeled thoughtful Trek again. It's a shame because there is so much potential there and especially these days we need something that shows the future with positive possibilities.
                    You know a franchise is screwed when they do a musical episode. Totally agree about showing hope for the future, the original series took that 60s Kennedy space programme optimism and ran with it. Maybe the passage of time just makes it harder to do that nowadays, but the sense of wonder is long gone.
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

...The new shows are all about violence, war and revenge.

I suggest you check out SNW, you may be pleasantly surprised. It certainly is not about violence, war and revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post

I suggest you check out SNW, you may be pleasantly surprised. It certainly is not about violence, war and revenge.
                        I had a long post typed out about the humor and knowing winks being just as bad as the revenge and violence stuff but ya know what I might check it out, I trust your opinion. That musical episode looks absolutely embarrassing though but who knows I might end up loving it. Thanks for the nudge!
                        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I had a long post typed out about the humor and knowing winks being just as bad as the revenge and violence stuff but ya know what I might check it out, I trust your opinion. That musical episode looks absolutely embarrassing though but who knows I might end up loving it. Thanks for the nudge!
                          No guarantees, I thought the second season was when it really started to click, but I didn't find the humour annoying as the original series had its fair share, particularly with the back-and-forth between Spock and Bones.

Most of the fans of Star Trek I know have been pleasantly surprised with SNW. I certainly think it's a lot better than Discovery which I found near unwatchable.

Comment

Working...
                          X