No announcement yet.

Garth Ennis' The Boys Coming To TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know Brits that think his accent is fine.

(Shrugs)
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Watched ep 1 of Season 2 last night. Not bad. Rather watch it all in one weekend. But see why they are spacing the episodes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
        I know Brits that think his accent is fine.

(Shrugs)
        I can't explain that. Maybe if they haven't been seriously exposed to antipodean accents it doesn't jar as baddly. This Brit (me) thinks it's excreable. The other Brit I live with says it's intentionally burlesque bad. The Englishman I live with (I don't dare call him a brit) says it's the worst cockney accent since Dick Van Dyke. It's the swearing you watch for. Only Australians and Kiwis say "farken'" with that much relish.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Third episode is called Over the Hill With the Swords of 1,000 Men, but it focuses on Second Wind (You're Only Human) by Billy Joel. I have a problem with that.

Comment

I watched the first episode last night and fucking "Pressure" by Joel really got on my nerves. I wasn't as impressed with this one, not genuinely bad but it didn't grab me like the first season did. I hope it gets better.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Been watching this since we're in lock down. I think I like season 2 better, since 1 seemed to hinge too much on the novelty of "they're superheroes but they're really rotten people!" and cheap gags. Season 2's story so far is more interesting, although the biggest problem for me is that "the boys" are totally uninteresting (their whole season arc seems to just be that Karl Urban won't share his feelings with the team?) and drag things to a halt whenever we leave the superhero characters. But fortunately it seems to be mostly kept to a minimum except for the episode 4 road trip.

Comment

I lost interest after the second episode of this season. I might revisit when they're all available.

Comment

The sub-plot with The Deep does drag it down.

Comment

It's odd the first season I watched each episode 2 times. This season it will be days after a new one hits that I bother to watch it once. Not sure if it is just me or the show has changed.

Wondering if we will get the Herogasm storyline.

Comment

It's a slower season but I'm still liking it. It's yet to jump the shark thank god.

Comment

I went back to it because I was bored. I'm largely enjoying it. But the fact that they're doing side stories with the Deep and A Train; the two weakest characters; really hurts this series. Also, the new super is annoying as hell.

Comment

THe newest episode was much better. Been a bit since I read the comic but wasn't STormfront an older male in the comic?

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                            THe newest episode was much better. Been a bit since I read the comic but wasn't STormfront an older male in the comic?
                            Stormfront in the comics was a Nazi-engineered Ubermensch who was brought to the states at the end of the war under the auspices of Project: Paperclip, and re-educated to not be a Nazi, unsuccessfully.

The writers of the show are proud of their creativity in changing the character into a woman who got superpowers and was turned racist by alt-right websites.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

The writers of the show are proud of their creativity in changing the character into a woman who got superpowers and was turned racist by alt-right websites.
                              Uh, spoiler, no. She is OG nazi that was married to Vought.

Comment

Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                                Uh, spoiler, no. She is OG nazi that was married to Vought.
                                Yea that was revealed in the newest episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X