• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Crypt reboot (On TNT)

https://tvline.com/2016/01/07/m-nigh...the-crypt-tnt/

Developed by M. Night Shymalan....

Fuck this.
    Alex K.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 01-07-2016, 08:39 PM.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

You couldn't get any more bland than that.

HBO must have been sleeping that day when the phone calls were coming in, and I would have killed for some new HBO Tales From the Crypt goodness.

What the fuck are these people thinking??
    Terry C
    Tiger Fists
    Last edited by Terry C; 01-07-2016, 08:49 PM.

Comment

They're not....

Comment

You can say that again, TNT is where television goes to die.

Comment

Surely, a Tales From the Crypt reboot would be cheaper to produce than Game of Thrones? Especially if they keep to the half hour run time. I don't understand how this happened. Hell, horror TV shows are extremely popular right now and Tales From the Crypt was super popular back in the day. It was popular enough to inspire other rip off shows like the 90's Outer Limits and there were even two kids shows based on the property.

Comment

he might be good for this. outside of Signs, i don't really enjoy his movies. him movies kinda seem like long episodes of the show tho. his twist ebdings might be better suited for tv format.

plus, he is only directing the first episode. for now...

never watched Wayward Pines. my interest in this show will focus on the Cryptkeeper. if i don't like the Cryptkeeper then i'll probably skip the show

Comment

They should at least get Johnny Kassir back to voice the Crypt Keeper.

Comment

M.Night might be good for this...as noted above his movies usually rely on a TALES type of twist at the end anyway..and the 30 min runtime wpuld reign in his excesses a bit..just make sure someone reads the scripts before they start!

Comment

Along with Johnny Kassir, I'd be afraid of them loosing the excesses of the previous show like nudity(which of course will happen) and gore. Those things were completely in line with the original shows tongue in cheek humor and the 'edge' of HBO at the time. For many years now TNT programming is about safe as you can get on Prime-Time Television, unless they're doing a major overhaul and turning into FX or AMC, I don't see this show doing so well.

Comment

I predict it's going to be canceled after the first season. What a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry C View Post
                      Along with Johnny Kassir, I'd be afraid of them loosing the excesses of the previous show like nudity(which of course will happen) and gore. Those things were completely in line with the original shows tongue in cheek humor and the 'edge' of HBO at the time. For many years now TNT programming is about safe as you can get on Prime-Time Television, unless they're doing a major overhaul and turning into FX or AMC, I don't see this show doing so well.
                      Even if they were doing an "overhaul" it'd still come across as a hard PG-13. Tales calls for R-rated material. You're dead on, the excesses of the original is what gave it such a special vibe compared to other anthologies. I'll wager the black humor will be missing too from this. I've been wishing for a Tales return for years now but I think only HBO would be able to get it right. What a kick in the balls.
                      LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Stupid.

Comment

TALES FROM THE CRYPT is owned by the William Gaines estate, not HBO. The production company would have bought the rights then shopped them to the various networks. I'm guessing that only TNT was interested or offered the most money.

Comment

The Crytpkeeper himself (John Kassir) weighs in...
                            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

major party foul

Comment

Working...
                              X