Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best shot from your last roll of film/memory card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03181.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	387379

Comment

• Sorry, this is gonna be more than one but...

Hokkaido climate has officially gone insane. We get plenty of snow every winter, but this year the snow just won't stop. Many cities have been getting over 60cm of snow in a 24 hour time span... on multiple dates.

I don't mind in general because I love snow (and snow chaos!), but in Jan. and Feb. alone all trains have been cancelled for at least 8 days in total which makes commuting a pain in the ass. Yesterday and today even buses won't run. Yesterday the city of Sapporo announced their snow removal bill is the highest ever.

Jan. 14. Man protecting his house from the snow (isn't it supposed to be the other way around?)

Feb. 6

Feb. 6. Parking place

Feb. 11. Kita Hiroshima train station

Feb. 22

Feb. 22. This is when it started getting surreal. It's the same parking place in the Feb. 6 photo, different angle. Look for cars buried in snow (tip: windshied wipers). And no, there's no hill under the snow, just snow piled up. Gotta go vertical since no space left anywhere.

Feb. 22

Feb. 23
      Takuma
      Last edited by Takuma; 02-22-2022, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Once again a render rather than a photo but as I've said before you need to know more about cameras to render than you do to take a snapshot. The cameras in 3DS Max have no auto settings (at least my version doesn't. I think maybe newer versions do).

Getting back to thinking about making my Covid cancelled film from 2020. I'd already done a lot of effects but it feels old to me now so I've started fresh.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Last week Epic Games released the World Changing, Movies And Games Will Never Be The Same Ever, Ever, Again Version of the Unreal Engine and after all the hype I decided to allocate a few hours to learning it. I was making fun of them for their Industry Changing, Men Fainted At The Sight Of It etc schtick but they may have a point. A couple 10 minute youtube "How To" videos and a few hours of swearing at the screen later and I exported out this. Learning 3D is not meant to be that easy.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Didn't take many pictures on vacation last week but this one turned out nice. Wish, in hindsight, I'd used the DSLR and not the phone, but it is what it is.

Click image for larger version

Name:	298457608_10159826378301253_252046929663981308_n.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	398485
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• These lazy bastards have just been kipping on the front lawn all day.

Comment

• nice pics Ian and Dom! wonder what the kangaroo in the back is looking at since the other three are eyeballing you

found a bird unable to fly on the sidewalk a few days ago. took some pics after i got out of the vet cuz i had to wait for someone to pick it up for transport to a bird place
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2022-08-15_14-04-13-1.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	423.1 KB
ID:	398836

Comment

• It's been an age since I last shot a show. Long enough actually that I've been supplanted as the official stills photographer at my girlfriends burlesque school show day. So I took along a video camera instead. This show is nuts. Over 1100 people through the room performing and watching over a 10 hour stretch. It's fucking exhausting but, quite a thing. Also I have no idea why my youtube videos keep coming out pixelated. It's very vexing:

Last edited by Dom D; 08-28-2023, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                    It's been an age since I last shot a show. Long enough actually that I've been supplanted as the official stills photographer at my girlfriends burlesque school show day. So I took along a video camera instead. This show is nuts. Over 1100 people through the room performing and watching over a 10 hour stretch. It's fucking exhausting but, quite a thing. Also I have no idea why my youtube videos keep coming out pixelated. It's very vexing:

Excellent video! I've missed your posts about this place.
                    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	366336294_1717329302037127_4532101964330405615_n.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	419374 Amelia when she's not being a terror.
                      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

• Shooting some Halloween themed dance tutorials allowed me to get my Bava/Argento lighting game on.

Comment

• Did another one of these because... well I'm not rightly sure:

Comment

• Looks like great fun. Wish I could see it live.

Comment

• Awesome vid, Dom! Looks like a riot!
                              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Once a year the students are kicked off stage and the teachers strut their stuff. It's suppossed to be all of them, which is about 15 or 16 at the moment I think, but Covid rolled through the school days before and cut the ranks down to about 8 or 9. I did a very bad job filming this one. After lockdowns and then living in the country sometimes crowds get me and such was the case on this night. Still it cut together okay:

Comment

Working...
                                X