Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best shot from your last roll of film/memory card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul... is that the first picture of you on here/DVDM/AVM?
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
      Paul... is that the first picture of you on here/DVDM/AVM?
      I think it might be
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• Originally posted by Barry M View Post
        Merge with banner ideas thread!
        Ha, don't take advantage of my current state of ill health, please (I've had an intermittent fever of 40 degrees for the past three days and was in the back of an ambulance on Sunday owing to the profuse vomiting of blood .)
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
          I think it might be
          :up:
          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

• Paul, your self portrait is great. It has a Jekyll & Hyde thing going on. I think it's the cuffs.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Paul, your self portrait is great. It has a Jekyll & Hyde thing going on. I think it's the cuffs.
              Thanks, Ian. Was kinda aiming at a silent movie-era 'look' (with the low contrast, direct gaze, etc).

Comment

• Comment

• "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• I'm going to bend the rules and have two shots from this memory card.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• Been doing heaps of shoots recently to pay for Xmas presents for everyone else and a spanking new computer for me. I have no idea what this shot is but I kinda like it.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

• You guys should contribute to this thread more. It's getting lonely in here. This shot was an interesting one for me because I shot the same costume against the same backdrop a couple years ago on my second ever shoot. I was pretty keen to see that I was at least somewhat better with a camera now than I was after I'd only been using one for a couple hours. Happy enough though I wanted more:

BTW for those who wonder how much difference an edit makes:

Last edited by Dom D; 12-31-2015, 01:43 AM.

Comment

• Visited my girlfriends folks winery yesterday. Apparently the shots aren't great because I've made the land look dried out. The artist in me though was going for that Sergio Leone western look. First landscape photography, in fact I think my first ever photo edited from an exterior:

Comment

• Photos of my girl are always my favorites but even taking that into account I love this shot I took last night.

Comment

• Been scanning some negatives lately. I like this shot a lot. Lots of narrative here. My former teaching buddy, a documentary/commercial photographer of 20+ years standing likes it too, which makes me quite chuffed with it:

This is from another roll of film, and seems to be quite popular with people I've shown it to. It's enigmatic, I guess:

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X