Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best shot from your last roll of film/memory card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best shot from your last roll of film/memory card.

Thought it'd be nice to see your random shots that don't fit into any of the other categories.

I took this one the other day. I really like it. However, I'm not sure whether I prefer the monochrome of the colour version: the monochrome brings out the texture in the sign, but the colour has more depth in terms of the relationship between foreground and background (imo).

Bull Ring (monochrome) by The Somafree Institute, on Flickr

Bull Ring (colour) by The Somafree Institute, on Flickr

This is the best shot from the last roll of film I developed (Tri-x, shot on a Bessa R with a 50mm Jupiter 8 lens). Again, I'm quite proud of this one.

'Police Raped Your Dad' by The Somafree Institute, on Flickr
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

I like the monochrome photo. However I'm certainly no photographer myself.

Just visited your site
    BTW. Its interesting to see what you look like. I Now know your name, what you look like and where you live. Mwuhaaahaaa

Some pretty cool photos on there though.
    Lalala76
    Last edited by Lalala76; 08-21-2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

No flashes or lighting or tripods allowed during closing ceremonies at Boy Scout Camp, but this shot turned out kinda cool considering. Also you have to stay seated so I cropped out the heads that screwed up the right side and now the composition looks weird, but I like the way the colors came out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1097052_10201192241760516_365118116_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	343972
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Comment

Name:	tunnel.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	344257

Cell phone pic I took on a nightly neighborhood walk recently

Comment

Great colors there.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by ZoSo View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]8009[/ATTACH]

Cell phone pic I took on a nightly neighborhood walk recently
                Beautiful colour in that image!
                Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                No flashes or lighting or tripods allowed during closing ceremonies at Boy Scout Camp, but this shot turned out kinda cool considering. Also you have to stay seated so I cropped out the heads that screwed up the right side and now the composition looks weird, but I like the way the colors came out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7652[/ATTACH]
                Love the light in that one, Ian.

I'm quite pleased with this one, which I took in a local bookshop/art shop about a month ago (only just cleared the memory card in my camera).

'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Fuzzy camera phone pictures of a luchadore vendor at the street fair going on outside on our street right now.

Name:	2013-09-28-16.46.33.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	344313
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Apart from boring publicity shots all my shooting recently has been on my shitty camera phone with the not so suprising result that all the pictures kind of suck. I did like this one though of my cat Thunderball seeming to puzzle over the mysteries of life- in reality he was just about to give himself some minor burns.

Last edited by Dom D; 09-29-2013, 01:51 AM.
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Hey Dom....are professionals allowed to post on this thread???.....Doesn't seem fair!!!

Did your cat get burned???...Strange, cats are usually cleverer than that!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                        Did your cat get burned???...Strange, cats are usually cleverer than that!
                        Not Thunderball. He's not too bright. Handsome though. Both my cats like to stick their paws in fire. Lots of meowing and howling results but they don't seem to damage themselves. And I'm definitely not professional. You should have heard the bollocking I got last week for taking a few dozen shots out of focus. 'twas brutal.
                        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

So today I had to go to Philly for work. The office space we were meeting is in the old Navy Yard area. It's rad because you're surrounded by cool old navy stuff.

Today I late lunch near some retired aircraft carriers. I like aircraft carriers.

Name:	ac2.jpg
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	344324
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	doll.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	344351

The things you find while stumbling drunkenly through yards while trying to get home....

Comment

This one might qualify as NSFW so I'll leave a screens worth of space here.

One of the highlights from a show I put on yesterday. Dancer Vespar attaches a lit firecracker to her groin and then mimes jerking herself off until BOOM!:
                              Last edited by Dom D; 10-06-2013, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X