Your Favorite One Sheets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite One Sheets!

Technically not photography, but pictures are required so we'll put it here.

What are your favorite one sheets?

DO IT! But explain why you like them, otherwise this just becomes a collection of random pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eraserhead_1224692375_crop_500x320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	363419

This Eraserhead image is rad because it kind of leaves everything open to interpretation while at the same time giving you an idea of what the movie will look like. You get that big fuzzy head up front and center with that manic look in his eyes and you get that sort of weird, dusty ambiance coming from behind it. The stark black and white nicely reflects the cinematography. It's a simple layout but it works and calling out the title in that brash almost neon pantone definitely SCREAMS at you.

Name:	l_48424_6a594456.jpg
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	363420

There are a few great NOTH one sheets, the old school painted ones are nice, but this one to me is the creepiest simply because it's got Mitchum's character front and center without him really being blatantly front and center (I guess if you've seen it you know, but still...). Again, a nice black and white image that suits the movie. It's simple again, but it works. Great choice of font for the text and for some reason the fact that it's in French appeals to me. Makes it more exotic somehow.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Also, this one. Nice representation of the movie, creepy and sort of sexy in a strange way. Great use of color. Puts the imagery first and the names/credits are on there almost as an afterthought. it doesn't scream POLANSKI but lets that weird image of the lady in distress do the talking instead.

Name:	repulsion_poster-jan-lenica.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	343207
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I can't believe I got this at all, much less for cheap...the fact that there are no Asian people in this image is ridiculous.

It's a fucking X rated Shaw Brothers film about snakes. 1001 KILLER SNAKES!!!

Toyboy
      like a hole in the head
      Last edited by Toyboy; 06-06-2013, 08:57 PM.
      Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

I have the double-sided (reverse print) one-sheet of this one, and it's one of my favourites just because it's got that super-rad iconic image of Jay Adams, and the other similarly awesome shot of Tony Alva.

I also like it because I got it for dirt cheap.

Name:	dogtown.JPG
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	343234

Comment

This one is fucking dope because:

-Damiano didn't have anything to do with it
          -The dude in the background, who I'm assuming is the Enema Bandit, has a Zorro mask on
          -I dunno who those nurses are but I like'em.
          -The movie's logo makes it look like a superhero movie

Name:	waterpower-movie-poster-1977-1020214023.jpg
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	343235

I need to frame mine.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And cause you're cocoa for Waterpower?

Comment

Oh, I'm the first to admit I have an unhealthy obsession with that movie.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It sort of is a Superhero movie if you think about it. He's on a mission to clean up the city.

Comment

I wish I could find a cheap frame for this Italian 4-sheet because I love it, as does my cat.

What's great is that it is a repainted version of the airbrushed art we got in the US. This one is a little grittier I'd say. I also dig that it seems to translate as INTERCEPTOR:THE WARRIOR OF THE ROAD.

It also happens to be my favorite movie of all time.

Comment

Hey Toei Boi... Regular Show did an homage to Road Warrior a few weeks ago in the episode "Trailer Trashed". Check it.

Comment

So, this one goes against my rule of only buying one sheets for films I really enjoy because DEATH MACHINES is stinky. However, this poster is TOPS!

Here we have a solitary "death machine" - this tower of doom that presumably chomps people to death. The stoic faces adorning the upper part of the pyramid add a creepy quality to the proceedings. My guess is that there is either a set of stairs or perhaps an elevator that brings victims to the chomping level where your choice is either to jump into the flaming abyss that surrounds this monstrosity or let the massive teeth crush and pierce you. Either way you die...

The producers liked this art so much they decided to animate it in the wonderful trailer (again, way better than the movie it advertises)...

EDIT: Hmmm, after watching the trailer again I may need to give this movie another shot. The dude kicking the cop thru his side window is great.
                      Toyboy
                      like a hole in the head
                      Last edited by Toyboy; 06-15-2013, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                        Here we have a solitary "death machine" - this tower of doom that presumably chomps people to death. The stoic faces adorning the upper part of the pyramid add a creepy quality to the proceedings. My guess is that there is either a set of stairs or perhaps an elevator that brings victims to the chomping level where your choice is either to jump into the flaming abyss that surrounds this monstrosity or let the massive teeth crush and pierce you. Either way you die...
                        I'm gonna say it's neither, that it's instead an escalator. The flow of people getting chomped up looks too steady for stairs or an elevator, an escalator would be more regular.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

If you're on an escalator, be sure that your shoelaces are tied.
                          paul h.
                          woly boly
                          Last edited by paul h.; 06-15-2013, 09:03 PM. Reason: language is a bitch.

Comment

I dig the illustration work in this one. A lot of times putting a giant head on a one sheet spells certain death but when you flank it on the left and right sides with hot chicks holding giant weapons, you can compensate for that.

Name:	554636_10151941253214783_1998493967_n.jpg
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	344288
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This artwork is all kinds of great. I love how there's some sort of bloody lightning bolt coming out of Udo's mouth, and better yet, how that bloody lightning bolt thing hides a potentially naked ass.

Name:	BY6ZAM-CcAAT20M.jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	344677
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X