Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bragging Rights: The Official R!S!P! Show Off Your Stuff Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda hard to read the inscription but Thor is thanking me for accepting the challenge.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Some amazing things in this thread. I can't really compete. I have a few posters and lobby cards I am fond of, but I think only one of them is actually really rare.

Large Italian 4-fogli (four-sheet) from Force of Evil (1948). The poster is not dated but is probably from 1949-1950.

Equally large 4-fogli from The Whip and the Body. I had that one restored.

Italian 2-fogli (two-sheet) from Pupillo's silly and entertaining The Bloody Pit of Horror.

Italian advance fogli (one-sheet) for Suspiria. While it definitely has faded some, the color looks more orange in this picture than in real life. The color is glow-in-the-dark.

Comment

Coming up next are some sexploitation one-sheets:

Comment

And some miscellaneous:

Danish poster for The Trip. This is probably the only real rarity in my collection, as it is possibly the only one, maybe one out of two, in existence.

The Trip was apparently forbidden by the local censors and was only shown in private clubs. I know the National Danish Film Museum was looking for a poster for it a few years back because they did not have it, and I have heard different stories as to whether they succeeded. I know most of the serious Danish poster collectors and so far I have not heard of another copy (which means I have had some very generous offers on my copy).

US lobby cards from the 1956 re-release of my favorite Val Lewton horror, I Walked with a Zombie:

US half-sheet for the same movie, this one is from the 1952 re-release.

US one-sheet for Cool and the Crazy:

Comment

Spanish one-sheet for Zombi 2. I love the image and so far I have not had any luck getting the original Italian 4-fogli of it - at least not in a satisfying condition and for a price that I am willing to pay. I'll probably settle for a small Italian Locandino, if I ever find one i good condition.

Another huge Italian 4-fogli. This is for Francos The Awful Dr. Orlof.

Small French poster from Eyes Without a Face:

Large French poster from the same movie - this one is restored and linen backed.

Comment

Holy shit, Jens, you've got some sweet posters. I'm particularly jealous of The Defilers one-sheet...

Comment

Yeah, those are gorgeous Jens, great stuff. I've bid on a few Olga pieces on eBay now and then but they've always gone higher than I was willing to go.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I actually got that one quite cheap, IIRC. It was listed from a seller that mostly did in movies but suddenly had a few posters for sale, too. I believe I even was the only bidder.

Comment

Okay, I can't not show this off.

DIG IT.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wpsmall.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	342976
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Coolest Christmas gift of 2013...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tom.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	344897
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	miamiclock.jpg
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	345167

As I now have joined the 21st Century and has a camera phone, I will end this thread by showing you all the ultimate piece of interior design. My Miami Vice wall mounted clock. Enjoy.
                        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

• Ian, please close this thread.....No one has anything more awesome than that to add.

Goodnight!

Comment

• (Mind BLOWN)

Comment

• The Swede is only just beginning. He HAS to have more than that to show off.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                The Swede is only just beginning. He HAS to have more than that to show off.
                                Would be VERY surprised if he could top THAT...

Come on then Swede...You gonna step up and show us how its done or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X