Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://youtu.be/-f0rd2QPDWs

Short video from last nights Battlezone show in Richland. Dude in the mask is Vladimir Koloff. Who for doing a Russian gimmick is starting be come a fan fave here in teh deep south.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/j6UnvsC2kNs

Interview with local ref Super Dave Miller. Best known as the ref that counted the pin in Ric Flair's final match a month ago.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/0A8GQGypLMs

The night of the show was Bam Bam Malone's birthday,so after he won his tag team match the crowd sang happy birthday to him.

Comment

• So had 3 shows 3 weekends in a row.

First was BIW in West Monore. Got ot meet former ROH World champ Matt Taven "Wait you are the guy that got the footage of Cardona getting bit by a fan?"

Then the next weekend was a free outdoors show in Braxton MS. Was a 4 match Battlezone show. Was freezing cold but we went cause they had booked Robert Gibson of the Rock N Roll Express.

Had fun fucking with the ref the entire show. First 2 matches he was out there freezing his ass off in his ref shirt and pants. So I was counting along with him going "ONNNNNNE TWTWTWOOOOOO"

After 2nd match Ref O.Boma,dude's shoot name is Oscar Boma and he looks a tiny bit like the former President,ran to the back and borrrowed a sweatshirt from someone. Well 3rd match had a pile of 2 counts. So when he made it to 4 on a rope break I yelled out "Oboma must have went ot private school he can count past 2" O.Boma buried his head in the turn buckle and hte two wrestlers just stopped to laugh.

Then this past Saturday was the final BIW show of the year in my town of Brookhaven,AKA the town of 7k and maybe an average IQ of 12.

Was three big title matches and a womens match. I did good at my table,got in a pile of old wrestling mags and those sell fast.

Got ot meet and chat with Paul Ellering's daughther Rachel,who is just super nice and shockingly taller than she looked on TV.

Well the pic i included....

So i have posted Vordell walker matches here before. Years ago iN ELITE wrestling,which ran HOUMA LA for years,Vordell was the big heel and hte big face Steve Anthony nicknamed Vordell Turtlehead. Well one day at work Steve was bored and created the image of "Vordello THe Ninja Turtlehead." Which the main guy running Elite got printed on good paper.

So a month ago BIW bought the ELITE ring and ring trailer. After talking to MS Ellering,BIW promoter and the head of the ring crew were diggiing thru these thin metal trash cans that were in the ring trailer. From across the arena I saw that image and ran over. "How much for it Josh?" Got toold one of the kids there had already called dibs on it. So I took the pic. Then told the kid "Goto my table grab you 20 bucks worth of stuff you want in trade for the poster"

Kid came back 5 minutes later with a figurre of Jeff Hardy,I charge 15 for and got for 3 bucks at Dirt Cheap,and a dvd I was asking 5 for but had maybe a buck in it.

To keep the poster safe,and since Vordell has quit BIW,I took it put it in the locker room in a chair and put a can of drink by the chair.

The plan is see how much the t shirt shop in town would charge to put that on some shirts and sell a few at shows. Also gonna try to get Vordell and Steve Anthony to sign it. Then frame it and hang it on the wall.

Comment

• I don't have a whole lot to add except that it all sounds like a lot of fun.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• It was,and now close to 10 people that were at the show are fighting the flu..... But hey it happens.

Comment

Working...
              X