No announcement yet.

Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to the Impact TV tapings in Westwego Louisiana. This next Thursday and the week after is when they will air.

Had a blast,and lost my voice today. If you watch Impact I am by the entrance ramp and have signs "Luke Hawx is a Wank Pheasant" and "HEY IMPACT HIRE BIG RAMP!"

Got a event poster and owner of BIW gave me a book.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Well, Newt, I can now say I know one of the 14 people in the crowd for an Impact show! Woohoo! ;p

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
        Well, Newt, I can now say I know one of the 14 people in the crowd for an Impact show! Woohoo! ;p
        LOL I was shocked they drew 300 for the tv tapings and close to 500 for hte PPV the night before.

Wasnt sure if Dad would enjoy it,since until the last few weeks he had never seen Impact. But he had fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post

LOL I was shocked they drew 300 for the tv tapings and close to 500 for hte PPV the night before.

Wasnt sure if Dad would enjoy it,since until the last few weeks he had never seen Impact. But he had fun.
          I am glad you guys had a great time!

Comment

• So after Matt Cardona won his match as you will see in the video he hugged a lil girl right in front of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

I am glad you guys had a great time!
              I was worried Dad might be mad cause I knew people in the front row would stand up thru most of the show. No way was he able to stand for 4 hours. But he wasn't mad. I had warned him this might happened. And when I got our tickets there was still front row seats left. But he didnt want to pay the 20 bucks more a front row seat cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post

I was worried Dad might be mad cause I knew people in the front row would stand up thru most of the show. No way was he able to stand for 4 hours. But he wasn't mad. I had warned him this might happened. And when I got our tickets there was still front row seats left. But he didnt want to pay the 20 bucks more a front row seat cost.
                Going to sports events with my dad gave me some of my best memories of him. We went to the last Olympic hockey game ever played between East and West Germany, and just kept yelling out "Go Germany!" When the people behind us asked which Germany we were cheering for, we just said "Both", and the whole section just joined us for the rest of the game in yelling "Go Germany!" A year and a half later, there was only one Germany again.

For my 16th birthday, Dad got us tickets to the first-ever NBA game played in Calgary, and I got to see the Lakers play the Nets, just a year before Magic Johnson retired. It was amazing to see the Showtime-era Lakers live, as TV didn't let you see the whole floor at once to really appreciate how incredible their level of play truly was.

Comment

• Kick ass. With Dad I know at least once every few weeks he needs a break from taking care of Mom. So I try to find something for him and I to do. Even if it is just him and I going to Waffle house and having dinner.

Comment

• So Saturday night was a Battlezone show in Richland MS. Oddly Richland isn't the rich suburb now town of Jackson,that would be RIDGEland.

We drove the hour up cause the main evvent of this show was a street fight between Vladimiir Koloff vs Vordell Walker vs Jeremiah. Yall might remember last year the first two had a street fight and Vlad took out my can of Coke.

Quick 20 minutes before open of show look around the Richland High gym. Jeremy I mention is Jeremiah out of gimmick. Dude has lost 90lbs in the past 9 months.

Comment

• Opening match promo. Joey Abel is the BZ heavyweight champ. JD jenkins is a MMA fighter and wrestler and is from Pascagoula so hhe sucks. Frankie Thomas is damn good.

Pretty much used this opening promo,that is a bitch to make out cause the speakers are shit,set up the entire show.

Comment

• Main event of the Battlezone show I went to.

Last year Vlad and Vordell had a street fight in Columbia that took out my Coke. This time they added Nightmare Jeremiah to the mix and I was smart and bought a Pepsi.....

Anyways make sure to watch after the match when a fan tries his best to fight Vlad,JD Jenkins(who does MMA also) and Frankie Thomas.

This match was almost 3 weeks ago now,May 14th I think,and Vlad said after I got it uploaded earlier that "I'm still sore from it." All three guys beat thhe fuck out of each other,

And for logistics,I found out what the venue cost and stuff. High school gym so was free,school ran consessions and got 5 bucks off each ticket,was 10 a ticket. THis match.

Vlad got his normal 100 bucks.
                        Jeremiah got hhis 150
                        Vordell ,who gets 200,got 100 from Vlad and 50 from Jeremiah plus 100 from BZ.

Let me explain that last bit. In the deep south all the guys know that since Vordell has been around 20 years and has a cult following if you have a match with him it gets you lots of attention. Well BZ rarely pays more than 100 for anyone. Vlad and Jeremiah wanted to raise their stock a bit. So got BZ to agree to pay 100 of Vordell's booking fee.

And a bit more BTS stuff... No clue what Vlad does for a living. But know the dude appears to never sleep.

Jeremiah works for the DOT of MS.

Vordell is a firefighter in the Houma area. I asked him a few times If he ever ran in to Swamp Thing ,he laughed and called me "The oddest comic nerd I have ever met Newt"

Comment

• I think it's funny that a guy crazy enough to work as a wrestler thinks you're odd for making a Swamp Thing joke.

All the cool kids love Swampy.

This thread is still great, Newt.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Pre show walk around. Diamond is a fed that runs the MS gulf coast. Had a show same night, They drew 11 fans to their show in Biloxi and BIW drew 138,I KNOW RIGHT,in Brookhaven.

Also that night was Emmy Camacho's ,the runt of the Camacho wrestling family,second match. The night before she had her first match in front of a crowd,after 12 months in wrestling scchoool.

Cassandra is the tallish black lady in the match. She has been all over the smaller feds for about 5 years now. Emmy is the tiny lady. Good match considering it was Emmy's second match.

Opening Match

Angel Camacho vs Max Beckett

Angel is undefeated in BIW and gets a Southern Heavyweight title shot next show in town. He is Emmy's older brother. There is 5 Camachos in wrestling. Angel is the second largest of them. I've now met 4 of the 5.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/YTeqPkgzuT4

Pre show walkaround video

Comment

• https://youtu.be/e1sD0DPFMY4

Last 2 minutes of the three way match from last weekend. Can't figure out how to embedded the video this time.

Got Caleb Konley vs Barrett Brown vs T Ray

Comment

Working...
                                X