No announcement yet.

Since y'all asked for it. Newt's deep south indie wrestling pic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet man. My oldest gave up on wrestling after him and I were at teh BEaumont TX house show then the Houston PPV the next day that Benoit wasn't at. And yea you know why Chris wasn't there. Once Justin learned what happened the next day he hasn't watched since then.

My youngest is hooked on AAA on Twitch and loves AEW.

Comment

• So ya #metoo has hit the pro wrestling world.

Started off with one guy being accused of date rape/grey rape and otehr stuff. He admitted to it and the floodgates opened.

Just learned this morning a TX based indie wrestler I have been friends with for years now has been accused of being menatlly and emotionally abusive to a ex girlfriend. SHe hasn't shown any proof but still.

Comment

• Well finally hit a show,July 11th.

Back in May local uber Wrestling fan Jacob Shane Park passed. He was only 23. When he was born his parents were told if he lived a year it would be a miracle. Jacob was at every show. Smiling and loving being there.

So Battlezone Championship Wrestling wAnted to do a Memorial show and help raise some money to help the Parks.

With everything going on the show was held outdoors at the Braxton MS Fire department. 5 days before the show JP messaged me "NEWT meet me in town at 2pm on Saturday gonna hit up the Bz show."

Been trying to get rid of books,comics and dvds. So took some priority rate boxes and made up 4 Newt Crates. Had one for JP. One for Big Ramp,the one each for 2 of the owners of Battlezone.

Got to the fire department at 3pm. Show starts at 7pm. So JP and I explored Braxton looking for a place to eat. All they had in Braxton was a gas station named Wendy's hot Spot. So we drove 20 minutes up the road to eat at Wards in Mendenhall.

Got back and it was already 103 degrees. We ate, in the car,then JP opened up his Newt Crate

About an hour later a local fan and his wife showed up. Sold the fan an Rey Misterio Jr mask that is camo with a leopard print. Then JP and I went inside to hang out and enjoy the AC.

LOTS of talk about the various wrestlers we know that appeared on the #Speakingout list. And one of the owners hooked me up with 2 Pro Wrestling EGO shirts,the show happened the day after my birthday.

Since it was so Damn hot I left my mask and belt at home. One of the shirts I was gifted was a tank top. And I had already sweated thru the shirt I had on. So put on the tanktop and tossed a Batman themed bandana on my head and lower face.

For years Battlezone was a joke. Drawing 20 fans tops. But over the pAst 2 years the owners have been trying to change BZ.

Comment

• Match 01

BZ Jr Heavyweight Champion Braxton Hunter vs Joey Abel.

See BZ's tag belts are vacant. This show was having a 4 team tournament to crown new champs. Joey teams with Faroh of Phunk as The Renegades of Funk.

As seen in the video the new BZ owners booked Joey vs Braxton. Then booked Faroh to team with Joeys wife,Haley Abel,to be in a mixed tag match.

Braxton is decent. And might be able to make a career outta wrestling. Joey has been wrestling since about 2000. And was the Booker who helped turn BZ around.

Show drew 60 fans. Tickets were 8 bucks. But pretty much everyone paid 10 for a ticket,since all the money from ticket sales was going to the park family.

First match started at a bit after 7pm. And it was 105. The fire department handled the snacks and dtinks sales. With that money going to the family of a firefighter who passed early this year.

Comment

• Match 01

BZ Jr Heavyweight Champion Braxton Hunter vs Joey Abel.

See BZ's tag belts are vacant. This show was having a 4 team tournament to crown new champs. Joey teams with Faroh of Phunk as The Renegades of Funk.

As seen in the video the new BZ owners booked Joey vs Braxton. Then booked Faroh to team with Joeys wife,Haley Abel,to be in a mixed tag match.

Braxton is decent. And might be able to make a career outta wrestling. Joey has been wrestling since about 2000. And was the Booker who helped turn BZ around.

Show drew 60 fans. Tickets were 8 bucks. But pretty much everyone paid 10 for a ticket,since all the money from ticket sales was going to the park family.

First match started at a bit after 7pm. And it was 105. The fire department handled the snacks and dtinks sales. With that money going to the family of a firefighter who passed early this year.

Comment

• Match 2

Titans of Blackwater (Ursa Major&Nightmare Jeremiah ) vs Skyler and MR SMACKEMS

Skyler and MR SMACKEMS were a last minute replacement team. They work for Combat Wrestling League,a low rent fed that runs a tiny night club in Jackson.

I love how great Skyler and MR SMACKEMS were at making Jeremiah and Ursa look like they were brutalizing them. This was my favorite match of the day.

Since ,outside of the 4 of their friends that showed up,no one knew Skyler and MR SMACKEMS I started up a MR SMACKEMS chant.

Later on during the show Skyler and MR SMACKEMS came out and thanked me for cheering for them.

The Titans win and will face a team in the main event. With the winners becoming the new BZ tag team CHAMPIONS!

Comment

• Match 3

The Bama Boys (Frankie Thomas & Mike Parish) vs MT2&Vladimir Koloff

This was my first time seeing everyone besides Frankie. Koloff is great. Dude knows how to work a crowd. Parish has a amazing 450 splash.

Winners of this match will fight the Titans of Blackwater in the main event.

Comment

• Match 4 Mixed Tag match

RJW & Bristol Hayle vs Faroh of Phunk & Haley Abel

Before this match started BZ auctioned off 10 cakes and two large batches of cupcakes. Bristol,who is a baker as her shoot job made and donated all the cakes. All the money from the auction went to the park family.

This was the first time I have seen Bristol or RJW. Been 8 years since I saw Haley wrestle.

Decent mixed tag. But I didn't like how Faroh is a face, wrestling talk for good guy,and he superkicked Bristol for the win.

Did have fun before the show talking music and horror movies with Bristol. And It was cute watching RJW telling his daughter before the show"Look you can't cheer daddy. If you do no ice cream on the ride home."

After this match there was a short intermission.

Comment

• Match 5 Battlezone Championship Wrestling Capital City Championship match

Monty Warbucks ,the current champ,vs the Full Time Beast JD Jenkins

Marvelous Monty Warbucks won the belt back in March. JD does MMA and wrestling. During the match I kept giving JD shit since he is from Pascagoula MS. The town I grew up in ,Moss Point, and 'Goula have been rivals for decades.

I loved Montys Mic work before the match.

Comment

• Main Event

Winners are the new BZ tag team CHAMPIONS

Titans of Blackwater vs Bama Boys

Really fun tag team match.

After I shut off my camera,Faroh and Joey Abel came out and beat down the Bama Boys. So now the Renegades of Funk turned heel wrestling talk for bad guys.

Comment

• Renegades Of Funk is a great name.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• It is. For year Joey wrestled as The Renegade Joey Abel.

Comment

• Started doing video reviews of wrestling shows again.

Wanted something more than a talking head. So put some 1984 Memphis on the tv. Thru a few things on teh table behind me. And put my Hoodmark Lucha Libre championship on the couch.

Using a new mic,that sounds good to me. And the webcam built into my laptop. Working on getting the light right for filming but I will figure that out.

Also got in 5 kids sized lucha masks today. Found someone that charged me 12 bucks for 5. Next show gonna ask 12 each or 3 for 10. Only drawback is the Dr Wagner Jr mask I got sent is missing the string.

Comment

• This isnt my footage. But months back I was given a stack of EPW dvds. ELite Pro Wrestling Aka EPW ran at the VFW hall in Kiln MS. Kiln is best known for two things. Brett Farve is from there and lives there now. And the Lazy Magnolia Brewing company is based there.

For yall non-hardcore wrestling fans Shane Douglas is known as The Franchise and was a huge star in ECW. Chris Black ,the guy in the pink polo shirt,paid Shane 400 bucks to come down and work the big EPW Show. Chris is a huge fan of Shane and asked Shane how much to get permission to call himself THe FRanchise Chris Black. Shane told him to add an extra 100 to his pay envelope after the show.

Shane was told to fly into Gulfport MS,since that is only 30 minutes from Kiln. Shane saw that by flying into New Orleans,a bit over an hour away from Kiln,he could save money on his plane ticket. So Shane flew to NOLA and called Chris Black. Black gave the ringside photographer an extra 40 bucks and had him drive to NOLA to get Shane.

Also I wanted to get this footage online since it is some great stuff with the recently passed Bullet Bob Armstrong. Bullet Bob and his 4 sons are like the Hart family of the deep south. The best known of the family to fans outside the deep south if Brian Jame Armstrong AKA Road Dogg of the New Age Outlaw and Degeneration X.

One last thing. Shane keeps on calling the fans in Kiln Cajuns....Not many Cajuns at all in Kiln MS. Kiln is more Hillbillies and inbreds.

And in October BIW is returning to my town.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	8Gt5AX1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	358795
                              Cause of the virus the show isn't happening in the civic center. But in the rodeo arena behind the civic center. BIW ran the rodeo arena years ago,when they brought in Ted Dibiase SR. BIW could have ran the civic center but would have been limited to 125 tickets sold. Out in the rodeo area there is no limit right now.

Hoping my new mask is here by then.

Name:	XpjNzEp.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	358796

Name:	Yl7CR4A.jpg
Size:	113.7 KB
ID:	358797

Name:	IqOr2wB.jpg
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	358798

It's a Pentagon Jr mask.

Comment

• My new mask came in over the weekend. Plus the promoter hooked me up with an extra ticket. So shot a quick vid to promote the show. And to announce the contest.

If you want a chance to win a free ticket to the oct 10th 2020 BIW show in Brookhaven. Email Kingofwrestlingpodcast@gmail.com.In the subject put BIW contest. Then Tell us who your favorite indie talent is. And why. Must give us at least 3 sentences. On Friday Oct 2nd Brandon and Ultimo Gallos will puck a winner.

The winner will get their ticket at the door the day of the show.

Also a week ago I found,still sealed in the shrink,that 16 megaton Complete Monty Python DVD set at a thrift for right at 2 bucks. Sold it to a buddy. Used my profits to order a green lyrca version of my old mask. Plus a red/green/white lucha libre cape. If all of it is in by October 3rd gonna wear all of it and get some promo pics taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X