Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The KISS solo albums

Ranked:

1) Gene Simmons - Shockingly great late '70s glam rock album. First time listeners might be surprised at some of the directions he goes here.

2) Ace Frehley - Kick-ass balls out rock and roll record, hints of new wave, surf, psychedelia and other stuff.

3) Peter Criss - Never really listened to it, don't care.

4) Paul Stanley - Never really listened to it, don't care.
    Last edited by J Frank; 03-15-2015, 11:18 PM.

Funny this came up...Ace's has always been my favorite...However, I have been listening to Paul's a lot the last couple of weeks and am really in to it...

I may listen to Gene's tonight...I never liked it back when...we'll see if that changes...

Peter's is kind of lame...

Comment

Ace, Peter, Paul, Gene.

Ace's is the best in real terms. Just first rate straight up rock no messing around.

Peter's is bad - for a rock album. But if I want to mellow out and get my jazz and swing on, it's great. I also LOVE Criss' voice so there's that. His legitimately good solo Lp is "Let Me Rock You" though.

Paul's is half a terrific and tough AOR album with great players and strong vocals. The other half? He/she at his worst. Poncy weak sister rock.

Gene's is a schizophrenic mess with guest stars tripping all over each other and too much turgid plod and crap novelty numbers like the horrific Disney number.

Comment

Listened to Gene's last night...

Still as bad as I remembered...

Comment

Ace. It's the only one I still listen to.
          Mad Dog's Music

Comment

Ace's is the only one that mattered.
            EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

Working...
            X