No announcement yet.

Metallica to release first thing worth a shit in 30 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, spent the last couple of hours digesting Metallica's new album. We all know its been the in thing to hate them in recent years and some would argue rightly so. I happened to really appreciate Death Magnetic and welcomed the direction they had returned to after all the years of MTV friendly poop, so I was very opened minded about Hardwired to self destruction. First thing to note is that the lead song actually works much better as an opening track and minus the video they put out its actually a belter and really sets you up in the right mind set. The rest of the album at this moment in time still has to grow on me. I feel there are potentially here quite a few just so so songs that open on a huge promise but don't seem to go anywhere other than some cool riff.
    I will however stick my neck out here and say that Atlas Rise and Moth into flame are simply awesome songs and the more I play them the more I cant stop listening to them. Spit out the bone is the other song that stands out although it isn't a damage incorporated. There are other songs that I'm pretty sure will grow on me such as Halo on fire and Confusion. I'm hoping that I warm more to the other songs. First impressions are that It didn't make as big an impact as Death Magnetic did on release, but still has a handful of killer songs. Honestly but Atlas and Moth are destined be added to any best of Metallica I ever would conceive in my head.

Comment

Giving it a spin on Spotify now for the first time... I liked Death Magnetic too so I have somewhat elevated expectations for this.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Have you guys heard the Dio medley Metallica did? Don't look it up if not, consider yourselves lucky. When they try their hands on Rainbow songs they truly look like a mediocre band, especially Hetfield doing Dio's part in Stargazer or A Light in the Black. Horrible, horrible stuff.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"Filmed live at Aichi Kinro Kaikan, Nagoya, Japan on November 17, 1986.

From the Remastered Deluxe Box Set of "Master of Puppets," available everywhere on November 10th."

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I discovered Metallica in '84. I bought Ride the Lightning and the Creeping Death/Garage Days Revisited 12" on the same day and became an immediate fan. They were my fave band from '84-90. I got to see them with Cliff at the Roskilde Festival in Denmark in '86 and I had a ticket for the show in September (that were to take place the day after the fatal show in Sweden). The Black Album was "Uh, different, but okay ... I guess". I despised Load and never even bothered to buy Re-load (even though I quite like the track that featured Marianne FAithfull). Oh, and I'm the one guy in this world who actually thinks Saint Anger is great; It's like a punk album. They said "fuck what metal is. This is our new way of playing metal". I love Lars' shitty sounding drums. The only sad thing is everyone (else but me) hated it and Metallica crawled back to their hut and buried the platter. Anyhoo, did any of you buy the vinyl/cd version of No life 'till Leather? What's included on it? How's the sound?
              2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Garage Days EP is getting a remastered reissue.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/met...-due-in-april/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will we get Justice with some bass next?
                  I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Metallica — 2018/2019 North American Tour Dates
                    SEP 02 2018 MADISON, WI, UNITED STATES KOHL CENTER
                    SEP 04 2018 MINNEAPOLIS, MN, UNITED STATES TARGET CENTER
                    SEP 06 2018 LINCOLN, NE, UNITED STATES PINNACLE BANK ARENA
                    SEP 08 2018 GRAND FORKS, ND, UNITED STATES ALERUS CENTER
                    SEP 11 2018 SIOUX FALLS, SD, UNITED STATES DENNY SANFORD PREMIER CENTER
                    SEP 13 2018 WINNIPEG, MB, CANADA BELL MTS PLACE
                    SEP 15 2018 SASKATOON, SK, CANADA SASKTEL CENTRE
                    OCT 16 2018 MILWAUKEE, WI, UNITED STATES WISCONSIN ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTS CENTER
                    OCT 18 2018 PITTSBURGH, PA, UNITED STATES PPG PAINTS ARENA
                    OCT 20 2018 STATE COLLEGE, PA, UNITED STATES BRYCE JORDAN CENTER
                    OCT 22 2018 CHARLOTTE, NC, UNITED STATES SPECTRUM CENTER
                    OCT 27 2018 BUFFALO, NY, UNITED STATES KEYBANK CENTER
                    OCT 29 2018 ALBANY, NY, UNITED STATES TIMES UNION CENTER
                    NOV 26 2018 LAS VEGAS, NV, UNITED STATES T-MOBILE ARENA
                    NOV 28 2018 BOISE, ID, UNITED STATES TACO BELL ARENA
                    NOV 30 2018 SALT LAKE CITY, UT, UNITED STATES VIVINT SMART HOME ARENA
                    DEC 12 2018 SPOKANE, WA, UNITED STATES SPOKANE ARENA
                    DEC 05 2018 PORTLAND, OR, UNITED STATES MODA CENTER
                    DEC 07 2018 SACRAMENTO, CA, UNITED STATES GOLDEN 1 CENTER
                    DEC 09 2018 FRESNO, CA, UNITED STATES SAVE MART CENTER
                    JAN 18 2019 TULSA, OK, UNITED STATES BOK CENTER
                    JAN 20 2019 LITTLE ROCK, AR, UNITED STATES VERIZON ARENA
                    JAN 22 2019 BIRMINGHAM, AL, UNITED STATES LEGACY ARENA AT THE BJCC
                    JAN 24 2019 NASHVILLE, TN, UNITED STATES BRIDGESTONE ARENA
                    JAN 28 2019 RALEIGH, NC, UNITED STATES PNC ARENA
                    JAN 30 2019 CINCINNATI, OH, UNITED STATES U.S. BANK ARENA
                    FEB 01 2019 CLEVELAND, OH, UNITED STATES QUICKEN LOANS ARENA
                    FEB 28 2019 EL PASO, TX, UNITED STATES DON HASKINS CENTER
                    MAR 02 2019 LUBBOCK, TX, UNITED STATES UNITED SUPERMARKETS ARENA
                    MAR 04 2019 WICHITA, KS, UNITED STATES INTRUST BANK ARENA
                    MAR 06 2019 KANSAS CITY, MO, UNITED STATES SPRINT CENTER
                    MAR 09 2019 LOUISVILLE, KY, UNITED STATES KFC YUM! CENTER
                    MAR 11 2019 INDIANAPOLIS, IN, UNITED STATES BANKERS LIFE FIELDHOUSE
                    MAR 13 2019 GRAND RAPIDS, MI, UNITED STATES VAN ANDEL ARENA
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Did anyone get the recent remaster of ...And Justice? If so is the bass guitar any more audible or is it just the same low end mush as before?

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                        Did anyone get the recent remaster of ...And Justice? If so is the bass guitar any more audible or is it just the same low end mush as before?
                        I didn't buy it, but I do believe that its the same.

Comment

Thanks. Just found that someone put the rough mixes disc from the box set version on Youtube, will give that a listen.

Comment

This is kinda rad.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                            X