Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malcolm Young Not Returning To AC/DC

Source.

"A statement Wednesday (Sept. 24) from the band's label said: "Unfortunately, due to the nature of Malcolm's condition, he will not be returning to the band."

No details were provided.

The band announced in April that the 61-year-old guitarist was taking a break to focus on his health.

AC/DC will release the album Rock or Bust on Dec. 2. They will launch a world tour next year.

Stevie Young, nephew of founding members Malcolm and Angus Young, played guitar on the band's new album and will join them on the tour.

AC/DC includes vocalist Brian Johnson, drummer Phil Rudd and bassist Cliff Williams. Young has performed with AC/DC for 40 years."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

He had a pretty awesome career. Hope he gets some much-needed rest.

Comment

This sucks. Malcolm had a pretty good run, though, in one of the best rock bands of all time. Hope he gets to enjoy at least some of his retirement. I'm hoping the band continues for a while; they've had a legendary career, and as far as bands go, they're probably my favorite of all time. It's time to pack it in soon, though...these guys are getting pretty long in the tooth.

Sadly, it's rumoured Malcolm's suffering from dementia. :(

Comment

Too bad. Might have to make a trip to Ac/DC Lane tonight and raise a drink in his honour.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

In other AC/DC news...

"Phil Rudd, drummer for the rock band AC/DC, is accused of trying to hire a hit man to kill two people. He was in court to face charges in New Zealand on Thursday."

AC/DC Drummer Charged In Hitman Plot
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think that the drummer is trying to take out everyone left to get all of the royalties.

Comment

Rudd was back with them? I had no idea.

That sucks for the Malcolm ' s family. Mine has had to watch my grandmother deteriorate like that. It sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                Rudd was back with them? I had no idea.

It's only been for the last 20 years, so not everyone had heard yet.

Comment

I haven't paid attention to AC/DC in probably longer than that, so eat an American penis.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                    I haven't paid attention to AC/DC in probably longer than that, so eat an American penis.
                    Why would I outsource? There's plenty of tasty Canadian penis around here.

Comment

I could have been specific as to whose penis you should eat, but I thought I'd give you some choices.

Comment

By limiting it to a select country, though, not even the continent for cryin' out loud, you're hardly giving me CHOICE. It's like having a salad bar at one restaurant for the rest of your life. Sure, Olive Garden is great, but wouldn't you also like to eat at another restaurant?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          Sure, Olive Garden is great
                          Your argument just fell apart here.

Comment

Everything he says is boring.

Comment

And this is why nobody wants to eat American penis, you donkey.

Comment

Working...
                              X