Gary Moore, RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Moore, RIP

Read it over at the old place -- confirmed it via the BBC Online.

Gary Moore, dead at 58.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12377862

Jesus H. Corbett, it's turning out a shit year for celebrity deaths :(

58, wow, he was pretty young.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

No kidding. And that just plain sucks all over the place.
      It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Well, looks like my self-held guess was correct. Like the others,'twas heart failure...

Guitarist Gary Moore 'died of heart attack'

...it's pretty sad to see a healthy man die at the age of 58 of a heart attack (esp. a legendary guitarist like Moore).
        Last edited by Mike T; 02-10-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys! Nice joint you have here Ian and Allison.

It really hit me hard with Gary Moore, can't say I've followed his blues stuff as it's not my cuppa but gawdamn...I LOVE his hard rock stuff. Black Rose (his only album w/Thin Lizzy) is my fav of theirs, and he had some killer solo stuff. "End Of The World" with Jack Bruce on vocals? KILLS!!! He and Phil Lynott did some good stuff later too like "Out In The Fields"..and the G-Force album is pretty swell. Aside from being ungodly fast, Gary Moore had heart in his playing which is kinda rare.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Yeah- this one hit me harder than expected. Nobody could play with the raw emotion and lightning speed and just plain ol' musical prowess that Moore could.

I've been picturing a dimly lit pub in the hereafter, with Phil and Jimi sitting in a corner, drinks in hand, calling out "Hey Gary... over here, mate"!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Howlett View Post
              I've been picturing a dimly lit pub in the hereafter, with Phil and Jimi sitting in a corner, drinks in hand, calling out "Hey Gary... over here, mate"!
              That's a good way to look at it. Horamce and I were grumbling about how much it sucked over beers last night. Gonna have a little Thin Lizzy going while I get some work done this weekend I think.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

A good buddy gave me the Gary Moore tribute to Phil dvd, ONE NIGHT IN DUBLIN a couple years ago. One of the highlights is Gary and Brian Robertson (who never played together in Lizzy) doing "Emerald". Think I'll pull that out this evening.
                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
                X