Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep trying to hate KISS but it's not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul got vaccinated yesterday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E4mSRJUVIAQqlu9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	932.5 KB
ID:	360130
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Could a needle penetrate that hide?
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Watching part II of A&E's KISSTORY I got to the section on Creatures of The Night and it contained the perfect example of why it's so hard to remain a KI77 fan:

Gene and Paul are talking about the fans' reactions to Eric Carr and Vinnie Vincent joining the group and they imply that the reason that the Creatures album and tour were largely failures was that the audience was confused/upset by the MAKEUP worn by the new members. Completely bypassing the fact that many fans bailed after Dynasty, then Unmasked and The Elder went nowhere in the States and they hadn't toured for either of those records, they're very careful not to say that it was possibly the fact that people wanted Ace and Peter in the band or had just grown out of their KI77 phase. Instead they blame it on the face paint. "See! That was the problem, and we fixed it!" This is deliberate and it plays into the line they've been giving people for the past 20 years whenever they're criticized for having Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer as "Catman" and "Spaceman" - KI77 isn't about any one member, Paul will say. It's about an attitude and an experience. They say this because what they're doing now is working for them and they can't just shut up and be happy with that, they have to look back and say "Oh, what a horrible decision we made back then."

If you watch the ZZ Top documentary on Netflix right now those guys are very comfortable in their skin, and other than Frank Beard lamenting his drug addiction they pretty much celebrate their successes and focus on the greatness they put into the world. KI77, on the other hand, are for some odd reason just hard-wired to self-flagellate and it's tiresome.
        Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• I still haven't seen the documentary but I do want to, even if it'll just reinforce the idea that Gene and Paul are dicks.

Name:	paul.jpg
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	360207
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	E50JR5jUcAIQzws.jpg
Size:	891.8 KB
ID:	360233
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• It figures that Paul Stanley is a cyclist...

Comment

• I watched the documentary. I have come to the conclusion that all four original members are dicks in their own way. In some ways I sympathise with Simmons and Stanley as working with unreliable fuck ups is no fun. The lineup with Singer and Kulick was fucking good no matter how mediocre the new music was. Stripped down without the outfits they played so much better live. I recently found video of a gig I went to in 1992. They were shit-hot, even Stanley. So I'm probably the only person that didn't want them to put the make up back on.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                  In some ways I sympathise with Simmons and Stanley as working with unreliable fuck ups is no fun.
                  I understand that as well and I feel like Gene & Paul have really gone out of their way to defend their decision to keep performing with Tommy & Eric as the "Spaceman" and "Catman" by airing as much dirty laundry as possible in order to tell their side of things. Fair enough, but including backstage footage of Peter ranting and raving and Ace stumbling around trying to find his way to the stage is unnecessary. I'm sure Gene and Paul have had plenty of tantrums and mishaps but of course you can't blame that on drugs and alcohol or being bitter over essentially becoming a hired gun in the band you helped create and are getting paid less than the other guys.

The thing is that I don't want Ace & Peter back in the makeup. I don't want Gene and Paul in the makeup either for that matter. KISS is now for two camps - the die-hards who will take the band in whichever incarnation they choose to offer, and the casual rock fans who just want to see a loud concert with all the bells and whistles. The fans like me who were ecstatic to have another chance to see the original line-up again in '96 are the ones who are bothered by Tommy & Eric's participation because that is not at all what we ever wanted. I never desired to see a half-legit KISS show. If they had done the reunion then taken the makeup off and gone back out with Eric and Bruce in '99 and on I would have been completely fine with that. The reality there is that Paul wanted to continue after Ace & Peter left again and when their manager, Doc McGhee, began reaching out to local promoters to gauge what the audience would look like post-reunion/farewell he was told that unless the band was in makeup with at least three original members it was a non-starter. This is why Peter was on the Rock the Nation tour in '03. KISS wouldn't get bookings without him but as time wore on they eventually did see that a large segment of the crowd, especially when they toured double bills with bands like Def Leppard and Motley Crue, couldn't care less who was playing lead and drums as long as the costumes and blood, and fire and shit was present. They play Rock & Roll All Nite and confetti falls and fireworks go off? Great. People still eat that shit up.

10 years ago I would have taken Paul's insistence that the band could go on without him and Gene as complete horse shit but now I'm not so sure. I can imagine a touring KISS EXPERIENCE or some sort of KISS:ALIVE! residency in Vegas with 4 ringers as a viable option now. I'm personally not interested in it but I could see the idea working for most people.
                  Toyboy
                  like a hole in the head
                  Last edited by Toyboy; 07-12-2021, 06:33 PM.

Comment

• Paul Stanley doodled on his guitar.

"What you get when I've got a box of paint pens while thinking of KISS Kruise X and doodling on a guitar."

Name:	E6TsujIVoAMty71.jpg
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	360270
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• And he'll charge $5000 more for that 'art' to the idiot who buys it when he smashes it on stage. In my day he used to smash a guitar and throw it into the crowd. For free. Bet he'd shit himself if he added up all the money he could have made before they started charging for broken guitars.

Comment

• He destroyed that guitar the second he made the first pen mark.

Comment

Name:	E7131w0UcAELt5Q.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	360362
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]27573[/ATTACH]
                            Nice to see Gene sitting on Paul's lap. He's looking his age.

Comment

Name:	E9uEDo_WEAME1Tm.jpg
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	360487
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Paul Stanley has Covid. He's Hotter than Hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X