Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep trying to hate KISS but it's not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep trying to hate KISS but it's not working.

Once Sonic Boom came out and Gene Simmons started appearing in Dr. Pepper commercials and doing his own reality show I decided it was time to hate Kiss, and I succeeded for a little while and didn't listen to them or buy any Kiss shit for months, probably close to a year.

Then last week, full of beer, I decided we should watch Kiss Confidential and now this week at work I am being confronted with Kiss imagery non-stop and it's making me want to not hate them anymore even though SONIC BOOM WAS A BIG PIECE OF SHIT.

I think I hate Gene Simmons though. Not so much Paul, but yeah, Gene. I think I hate him but Paul.... he's dreamy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	paul.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	362547
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

You read my mind. I almost started a "I'M FINALLY OVER KISS" thread but didn't do it 'cuz I realized I wasn't.

A few weeks back I watched a bunch of episodes of That Metal Show with Eddie Trunk and those two dudes that wish they were on Howard Stern. Trunk would often go off about how fucked up it was to have Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer portraying Ace and Peter, even asking the real Ace and Catman what they thought about it. Both of them had pretty much the same reaction which was "whaddaya gonna do."

Regardless, it's fucking dumb. Someone pointed out to Eddie Trunk that it wasn't like they were trying to pass those two guys off as the real Ace & Peter, and that people buying tickets knew what they were getting, but I'd say that was only half true. This summer I was talking to this girl who had just seen KISS do a show in Florida and she said "It was all the original members, in make-up". I had to correct her and she seemed somewhat surprised by the trickery. However, this girl is a huge lush and was probably so drunk she could have actually been at a STYX concert.

Gene is a dick. He did a song on Bruce Kulick's new CD and its another one of his "No one is gonna tell me how to live my life" songs. Who's telling you how to live your life anymore, dummy? Shannon? She doesn't give a shit what you do as long as you keep making that money.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Classic KISS is awesome even if 80s and on KISS (with the exception of Revenge) sucks. I miss listening to KISS... I kind of stopped when I got my new laptop because I never ripped my discs to it. I think I will do that when I get home.

I remember when my son was about 3 and we were at the supermarket in North Carolina. He was still young so he was sitting in that kid seat in the shopping cart and I suddenly noticed he was singing Rock and Roll All Night under his breath. I hadn't even been paying attention but it was playing really lowly on the speaker system. He used to sing KISS songs all the time because when he was young and we lived down there I kept all my KISS cassettes in the car and that's really all I listened to when driving.
      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

It's hard not to hate that man...

Comment

Slightly OT here...

This man is a guitar maker...

He made these rad guitars, presumably with alchemy and black magic...

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
            Slightly OT here...
            And so it begins...
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Do, or do not - there is no try.

I saw them premiere in '75 on that Paul Lynde Halloween special. Even at 5 I knew they sucked.

Here's my fave take on 'em:
              It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

I spent this afternoon sifting through the KISS style guide.

You can't represent Paul without representing Gene, and you can't represent Gene without representing Paul.

You can, however, represent Gene and Paul without representing Peter or Ace.

True story.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hahaha.

You should make R!S!P! headphones!

I hate Sure Know Something.
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

What? "Sure Know Something" is the best song on Dynasty.

Comment

I Was Made For Loving You pisses me off too.
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I want this shirt...

(Let me know if that doesn't show up properly...)
                          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                            I want this shirt...

(Let me know if that doesn't show up properly...)
                            That's pretty sweet. It reminds me of the Colorforms set.

Comment

Oh man, Sure Know Something is fuckin' great.

I drink whiskey out of a KISS shotglass at D&D. About twelve years ago, a friend bought an Ace shotglass for himself and a Peter one for my brother. Well, I was washing them one day and one broke. I had to replace it, so I bought the whole set. I've been Gene ever since. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X