Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep trying to hate KISS but it's not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you listened to it yet?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I keep trying to hate KISS but it's not working.

No. Tonight. I was In there to buy the Hendrix Seattle box and just couldn't resist. This month's Classic Rock had an interesting KISS article so I got intrigued.

It can't be worse than "Sonic Boom", can it? Wait... don't answer that.

Comment

• It's better than Sonic Boom, I'll give it that much.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• They have a lot of fucking nerve putting that "Outta This World" song on there - Fake Ace singing a vaguely Ace-like tune with a lyrical call back to "Rocket Ride", but with that shitty ass boogie that Gene can't stop shitting out of his stupid shitty ass.

Fuck this shit. STOP MAKING MUSIC! STOP TOURING! STOP RUINING YOUR LEGACY!! RETIRE!!!
          Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• I'm listening to it on Spotify for a third time. I can't get into this. It's not good.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So far I think it's ok. The sad thing here is Thayer is actually a decent guitarist and plays well here. But the fake Ace and fake Criss and fraudulent BS that surrounds this lineup is deadly to anything approaching integrity. And all of Paul and Gene's PR bluster can't change that.

This is a solid hard rock album rooted in classic hooks and a nice 70's vibe.

But as far as geezer rock goes they can't touch HALEN or AC/DC. And they are not even on the same planet as GOLDEN EARRING and BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION.

Comment

Wow that Thayer Ace track is a total disgrace. Even if it is musically adequate the entire concept is despicable.

"Take Me Down Below" on the other hand is kinda awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  No, that still sucks too, just not as much.
                  Fake Criss is actually worse. I realized to my horror today while rocking out to "Baby Driver" that Peter Criss is my favorite member of KISS - past or present.

Seriously.

Comment

• Here's what I think KI77 should have done - put out Psycho Circus (which compared to these last two albums is pretty decent), toured up to 2001 then took a couple of years off. Then they should have gotten back with Kulick and Singer and did a final KI77 ALL-STARS tour without make-up, bringing along Ace and Peter, and doing songs from their whole catalog.

Then stop in about 2005, retire, and let us have our memories.

As far as Monster goes, I've now listened to a minute-thirty of each track on iTunes - lyrically this suffers the same way Sonic Boom did. There are no themes to these songs, just random "Rawk" lyrics and uninspired licks. Thayer's solos are the best thing I heard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                      lyrically this suffers the same way Sonic Boom did. There are no themes to these songs, just random "Rawk" lyrics and uninspired licks.
                      I think that sums it up well. It's polished and well produced but it seems to me like they're just going through the motions. This album is very uninspired.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        uninspired.
                        There's definitely some inspiration.

Comment

• Here are some 5 star reviews from iTunes (nobody seems to ever give anything other than 1 or 5 stars on there):

"I can't wait to memorize all the lyrics to every song on this album so I can scream them at the top of my lungs while driving alone on the highway with all the windows rolled down."
                          Brokenheadphones

"Probably the best KISS album since Destroyer or Revenge. I'm not kidding. Insane riffs. Killer drums. Amazing songs."
                          Jamesaustin

"Simply the best album they've ever done. If your a real Kiss fan..This is a must"
                          scottysixx

"dude this album is freaking amazing. anyone who is even remotely into kiss should get this."
                          destroyer 274

"Got to see you still Rockne after all these years. Love'em or Hate'em there still here."
                          no1chiefrocca

Got to see you still Rockne indeed.

Comment

• Re: I keep trying to hate KISS but it's not working.

Knuts.

Comment

• "This album is sidewalk kung fu worthy!!"
                              IanJames

Comment

• Rockne?
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X