No announcement yet.

The GWAR Thread - RIP Dave Brockie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Dave Grohl almost joined GWAR.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ction-1233882/

"Dave Grohl revealed in his Rolling Stone cover-story interviews that when he was a much-in-demand teenage drumming prodigy in the Washington, D.C., suburbs, he came close to joining elaborately costumed metal legends GWAR as their drummer — and even starting designing a costume for himself."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	gwar.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	387723
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

Yeah, it's just not the same. Feels wrong.
          I saw them a few years back and they were good, but yeah. Not the same. Envious of those who saw them with Brockie.

Comment

• New track.

Meh.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Another new song.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• This Is Gwar documentary heading to Shudder in July.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/this...-shudder-july/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rad.
                  Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    This Is Gwar documentary heading to Shudder in July.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/this...-shudder-july/
                    Got about halfway through this last night and it's pretty great! A nice companion to the "LET THERE BE GWAR" book from a few years ago.

I get the sense that, as bittersweet as it is cuz they clearly loved the guy, life post-Brockie is a lot less chaotic and easier to manage for the band. He was a force of nature and was, to me at least, the heart of the group but there's a lot of carefully worded comments about how his behavior could be problematic at times. It's obvious they miss him still, but it had to be tough to be in a band with him.
                    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

• I watched the whole thing late last night. I never got into Gwar but always was aware of them (and respected them too). I enjoyed it and actually wanted to hear more stories/details.

Comment

• There's a fun interview with Blothar up on Revolver today.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/gw...-my-life-story
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Press release!

The critically acclaimed documentary This is GWAR was released earlier this summer via Shudder, AMC Network's premium streaming service for horror, thriller, and the supernatural. On October 25th, This is GWAR will be released on Blu-Ray and DVD. Both the Blu-Ray and DVD will be chock full of special features which are listed in detail below.

Blu-Ray and DVD Special Features
                          1) Behind the scenes of a GWAR show
                          2) GWAR on Empire Records (As told by Ethan Embry)
                          3) The Legend of GWAR: The Story of the Scumdogs of the Universe
                          4) The Last Interview with Dave Brockie
                          5) GWAR From The Outside: Bonus Interviews
                          6) Four Pillars of GWAR: A brief deep dive into the origin of GWAR focusing on Hunter Jackson, Dave Brockie, Chuck Varga, and Don Drakulich
                          7) Slave Pit Walk Through with Michael Bishop
                          8) An Important Message from the Scumdogs of the Universe
                          9) This Is GWAR Commentary Track From Bob Gorman and Mike Derks

This is GWAR is the powerful story of the iconic heavy metal art collective, as told by the humans who have fought to keep it alive for over thirty years. The feature documentary includes interviews with the band members, both past and present, and other artists, including Weird Al Yankovic, Thomas Lennon, Alex Winter, Bam Margera, and Ethan Embry, including never seen footage of legendary GWAR frontman Dave Brockie (Oderus Urungus).

This is GWAR is directed by Scott Barber (Orange Years: The Nickelodeon Story), with producers Tommy Avallone (Bill Murray Stories) and Josh Goldbloom (V/H/S/94). Executive Producers include Bill Parks, Zach Blair, Matthew Helderman, and Luke Taylor.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Watched the Docu right after it hit Shudder. Was really good.

GWAR hit at the right time for me. I was 14 and a buddy had gotten a bootleg tape with a few of their songs. Then 2 years later they toured thru NOLA. Went to see them and had a blast.

Oddly when Green Jello hit I just figured it was GWAR in new costumes.

Comment

• Cover art!

Click image for larger version

Name:	301486653_1746079165735295_2343327474570784756_n.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	399129
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...