• Show
Clear All

• new HANK WILLIAMS discovered

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hank Williams Garden-Spo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	364061

In February 1950, Hank appeared on The Garden Spot, a radio program in Waxahachie, Texas. He was supported by the house band, not the Drifting Cowboys.

Four episodes were discovered on transcription platters and will be released February 14 by Omnivore Records.

Read all about it here:

http://omnivorerecordings.com/hank-williams/

Newly discovered Hank is always a significant event in music.
    "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
    - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

An excellent discovery. Any traditional country music like this being found is like manna from Heaven. The current crop of "country music" stars are mostly pop-lite wannabes with no knowledge or respect for the history of the genre.

Somewhere, Ian Miller is smiling! :)

Comment

I'm smiling, too.
      I love Hank Williams' music.
      I'm a Hank completist.
      "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
      - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

That LP looks fantastic. There's a great compilation of his gospel music that I believe came from a radio show he was on for a bit. It was sponsered by a brand of flower called Mother's Best. Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Stickman View Post
          It was sponsered by a brand of flower called Mother's Best. Great stuff.
          Which is great - the recording or the flour?

It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
            Four episodes were discovered on transcription platters and will be released February 14 by Omnivore Records.
            Actually it looks like it's coming out 5/20/14 - but either way, thanks for posting about this. I'll definitely check it out come release day.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Working...
              X