No announcement yet.

The Stooges - Ready To Die (New Album!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The saving grace is that it may bring him back on tour to the Great White North....but I don't have much interest in what they're doing, lately. Echoing sukebanboy's comments on mediocrity, there's enough of that in the world.

Comment

I bet this (good) trailer is better than the record.

Comment

Ha, that's kinda rad. And yeah, likely more rad than the record. We'll find out soon enough I guess.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Full album stream HERE.

Hmmm... I'm only a few songs in and it's different than I expected. It's better than The Weirdness, though.

Comment

So has anybody else dared to listen to Ready To Die yet? I've given it a few listens now and have to say I actually like it. As expected it's got nothing on the first three classic albums, but it is MUCH better than The Weirdness. And I'd say it comes across more as a follow-up to Kill City than The Weirdness. There are also a couple of introspective tracks that remind me a bit of stuff off of Avenue B, but less depressed. So the basically I think your mileage is going to depend on how much you like Kill City and Iggy's later solo work.

Comment

I haven't really had time yet, but will get to it. I like Kill City but am so so on Iggy's later solo stuff.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Here's a live set from this weekend. I haven't watched the whole thing but a bunch of the new album gets a workout.

http://www.npr.org/event/music/17830...ive-in-concert

Comment

This review is pretty much on the same page as me.

"So yeah, it ain't no Raw Power. But once you get your head around the fact that it rightfully doesn't even attempt to imitate its antecedent, and really is more a belated sequel to Pop and Williamson's 1977 album Kill City, then this is, in places, a pretty damn good rock & roll record."

http://thequietus.com/articles/12118...-to-die-review

Comment

I still haven't streamed it. This should be important to me but I'm having trouble getting genuinely excited about it after seeing Iggy pop up (ha!) in a Chrysler commercial the other day.

Why you gotta do that, Iggy?
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

OK, this is better than I figured it woudl be. Much improved over The Weirdness, and yeah, I hear the Kill City comparisons.

Iggy was in fine form on Colbert last night...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I kind of went on an Iggy sabbatical after The Weirdness so this album is a welcome relief.

Comment

So the digital version of the new album tacks on an extra track, "Dying Breed", to the end of the album. This would usually annoy me, but the song is pretty crummy so in this case I'm glad it was left off of the CD/LP.

Comment

That track's up on spotify too.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"Unfortunately, Steve Mackay of The Stooges is in critical condition. On Tuesday, Mackay was treated for a life threatening infection. As of right now, reports state that Mackay is still in critical condition. Few other details are known at this time."

http://www.punknews.org/article/5886...ical-condition
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X