Comment

• CRUiSE! - "YOSOLO"

Comment

• Well, it's a little early for that!

Comment

• Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - Lovely Creatures
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Pink Floyd - The Piper At The Gates of Dawn (Mono) vinyl.

This sounds sooooo damn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          Well, it's a little early for that!
                          When I saw this comment shortly after I posted the CRUiSE! video I assumed you were commenting on the video I shared. If not, I apologize for assuming so.

I have a sensitive hearing condition called misophonia. Noises from cars, trucks, trains, machines of all kinds such as lawn mowers, dogs barking, cats meowing, hammering, sawing, people talking, kids screaming, doors slamming and more all bother me. I can't play my music during the day because it's too loud. Neighbors drive me up the wall every day. I also don't like it when other people are playing their music at the same time as me, because they usually are playing it louder. I used to have a nice stereo and I trashed it out of anger. Now all I have is a little boombox. I have tons of CDs to listen to, but all I want to do is play Japanese and Korean female pop and rock. I still like Deep Purple (my favorite rock group), Pink Floyd (see the "Hey, Hey, Rise Up" video I linked above) and other American / British / Western music, but I rarely play it. Every day I need to hear music, and usually I wait until it's dark outside because there are less people out then, or so I am hoping. There are still cars and trucks zooming down the street and trains whistling all night long, which pisses me off. Sometimes someone is outside talking, and I get annoyed. "When is it my turn to live? When can I play my favorite songs?" This is what I think all the time. I actually feel people are making noise on purpose to piss me off. Some of the time I know they're not, but I still think part of the time they are. Anyway, I play Japanese pop when I can, and it usually takes me several attempts to get through one song. Tonight the first song I tried playing took almost one hour and 45 minutes. That's because people were outside and cars, trucks and trains were making noise. I finished playing around 90 minutes of music after a six hour period, due to all the replays I needed to do and the long periods of waiting for noise to stop so I could get on with playing my songs / living my life. I sure hope no one here has misophonia. I wouldn't wish this condition on anyone. I may not agree with everyone here on what type of entertainment is and isn't good, but you guys aren't bad. We may not be best pals, but you don't deserve to be like me.

So here's one of those silly Japanese songs that I just had to play twice today, "Rabi Love Spell" by Rabi Rabu IDOL School (Rabbit Love IDOL School). The girls in the group wrote the lyrics, but an adult composed the music.

Comment

• Wow, James, I hadn't heard of that condition before. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Originally posted by James Reed View Post

When I saw this comment shortly after I posted the CRUiSE! video I assumed you were commenting on the video I shared. If not, I apologize for assuming so.

I have a sensitive hearing condition called misophonia. Noises from cars, trucks, trains, machines of all kinds such as lawn mowers, dogs barking, cats meowing, hammering, sawing, people talking, kids screaming, doors slamming and more all bother me. I can't play my music during the day because it's too loud. Neighbors drive me up the wall every day. I also don't like it when other people are playing their music at the same time as me, because they usually are playing it louder. I used to have a nice stereo and I trashed it out of anger. Now all I have is a little boombox. I have tons of CDs to listen to, but all I want to do is play Japanese and Korean female pop and rock. I still like Deep Purple (my favorite rock group), Pink Floyd (see the "Hey, Hey, Rise Up" video I linked above) and other American / British / Western music, but I rarely play it. Every day I need to hear music, and usually I wait until it's dark outside because there are less people out then, or so I am hoping. There are still cars and trucks zooming down the street and trains whistling all night long, which pisses me off. Sometimes someone is outside talking, and I get annoyed. "When is it my turn to live? When can I play my favorite songs?" This is what I think all the time. I actually feel people are making noise on purpose to piss me off. Some of the time I know they're not, but I still think part of the time they are. Anyway, I play Japanese pop when I can, and it usually takes me several attempts to get through one song. Tonight the first song I tried playing took almost one hour and 45 minutes. That's because people were outside and cars, trucks and trains were making noise. I finished playing around 90 minutes of music after a six hour period, due to all the replays I needed to do and the long periods of waiting for noise to stop so I could get on with playing my songs / living my life. I sure hope no one here has misophonia. I wouldn't wish this condition on anyone. I may not agree with everyone here on what type of entertainment is and isn't good, but you guys aren't bad. We may not be best pals, but you don't deserve to be like me.

So here's one of those silly Japanese songs that I just had to play twice today, "Rabi Love Spell" by Rabi Rabu IDOL School (Rabbit Love IDOL School). The girls in the group wrote the lyrics, but an adult composed the music.

I've suspected for a long time that I have it too. I've not been able to tolerate other people's noise for 30 years since I was a student. I often wear wax earplugs unless I'm watching a film or listening to music, and that's always with headphones. At night I keep a loud fan going as it tends to drown out a lot of noise. The sound of the fat fucking elephant kid next door clumping up the stairs drives me mad. Some things really trigger me like douchebags who whistle or the dick head down the road's leaf blower and the prick who is constantly using a grinder on his classic cars. I'd be in prison if it weren't for those ear plugs, I definitely would have kicked the shit out of someone by now. One day my smoke alarm will go off and I'll die in a fire because I can't hear it.
                              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Curtis Mayfield - Sweet Exorcist
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X