No announcement yet.

What's playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went Lennon today with the Ultimate Mix from 2020. Some decent remasters on there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
      I went Lennon today with the Ultimate Mix from 2020. Some decent remasters on there.
      I was listening to 91.7 The Grand yesterday at lunch and they had a promo announcing that it was "John Lennon day" on the station or something like that. The song they played immediately following said promo? "Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC. Couldn't believe it. Obviously just a bad-taste coincidence, but still.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

I was listening to 91.7 The Grand yesterday at lunch and they had a promo announcing that it was "John Lennon day" on the station or something like that. The song they played immediately following said promo? "Shoot to Thrill" by AC/DC. Couldn't believe it. Obviously just a bad-taste coincidence, but still.
        As much as I despise AC/DC, I'd rather hear them than Lennon's solo shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

As much as I despise AC/DC, I'd rather hear them than Lennon's solo shit.
          Lost me at "despise AC/DC" lol.

I don't like about 85% of Lennon's solo stuff. I do like about 10% of it. I love about 5% of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

Lost me at "despise AC/DC" lol.

I don't like about 85% of Lennon's solo stuff. I do like about 10% of it. I love about 5% of it.
            The Rock and Roll album is about all of Lennon post-Beatles I can stand. AC/DC can eat all the bags of dicks. Talentless garbage who have cranked out the same album over and over for 50 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

The Rock and Roll album is about all of Lennon post-Beatles I can stand. AC/DC can eat all the bags of dicks. Talentless garbage who have cranked out the same album over and over for 50 years.
              And thank the lords of distorted Gibson/Gretsch tone for that!

Comment

• Rush - S/T

I still don't really like Rush all that much but this first album is pretty solid.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Nomeansno-The People's Choice
                    Brian Setzer- Nitro Burnin' Funny Daddy

Comment

• On a Blur kick today — played bits of Modern Life Is Rubbish and 13.

True story: the 13 in my longtime online name bgart13 was slightly influenced by this album over 20yrs ago.

Comment

• Harajuku Gakuen, "Planet Rendezvous".

Comment

• Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Daeva - Through Sheer Will and Black Magic
                            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Judas Priest - Sin After Sin
                              That is such a great fucking album. Dissident Aggressor is amazing. Have you heard Slayer's cover of it? Studio drummer extraordinaire Simon Phillips played on this one (and Michael Schenker's first solo album). He's incredible. Priest literally set metal on a new path with this album, as well as Sad Wings of Destiny and Stained Class.
                              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Yeah, the Slayer cover is pretty fun but I have to give the nod to the original. Priest's run at this period in their career is hard to beat.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X