No announcement yet.

What's playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Enemy - How You Sell Soul To A Soulless People Who Sold Their Soul?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Anaal Nathrakh - Endarkenment.

Goddamn I love this band. Solid ass stuff.
      https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

• Asphyx - Death...The Brutal Way
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Bad Religion - Recipe For Hate
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Death-For The Whole world to see
                Bad Religion-Suffer
                Ice Cube-Death Certificate

The neighbors across the water from me are having a backyard party. But have on some of the worst pop country I have ever heard. And they got it LOUD. So looked to see what i had on the laptop to play to drown out their playlist of Twain,Florida Georgia Line and Cyrus

Comment

• The Queers - Back To The Basement
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• FEAR - More Beer (Remastered Deluxe)

Man, this is kind of a mixed bag. Ving has kinda done the revisionist thing (not to the extent of re-recording the whole album) and it's a little jarring. The best thing about it is that the drums don't have that ridiculous reverb on them. They sound much more natural, and the guitars and bass are pushed up front a bit. The downside is that Ving's vocals are sometimes buried in the mix, and he's also chosen to either re-record certain lyrics or cut in from alternate takes. If you're intimately familiar with the album, you will find this to be a distraction. Other changes are strange ones; the whole "We're not recording right now, are we?" intro to The Mouth Don't Stop is gone (though they keep the intros to More Beer and Have a Beer With FEAR) and even allow for the extended version of the Chicken Song to be presented. And Responsibility is missing the bit right before the harmonica solo, where the drums pound out that riff solo; they've put the guitars and bass back in there.

The gem is that a few of the "Rough Mixes" included on the disc are, at least in my opinion, superior to the original album cuts. Bomb The Russians, for example, smokes. Others sound equally as powerful, but Ving roughing in the lyrics causes a few mistakes and dropped lines. Anyway, the presentation of the original album here sounds the best it's sounded so far; it says the new tracks are remastered, but they are most definitely re-mixed, re-edited, and possibly re-recorded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      FEAR - More Beer (Remastered Deluxe)

Man, this is kind of a mixed bag. Ving has kinda done the revisionist thing (not to the extent of re-recording the whole album) and it's a little jarring. The best thing about it is that the drums don't have that ridiculous reverb on them. They sound much more natural, and the guitars and bass are pushed up front a bit. The downside is that Ving's vocals are sometimes buried in the mix, and he's also chosen to either re-record certain lyrics or cut in from alternate takes. If you're intimately familiar with the album, you will find this to be a distraction. Other changes are strange ones; the whole "We're not recording right now, are we?" intro to The Mouth Don't Stop is gone (though they keep the intros to More Beer and Have a Beer With FEAR) and even allow for the extended version of the Chicken Song to be presented. And Responsibility is missing the bit right before the harmonica solo, where the drums pound out that riff solo; they've put the guitars and bass back in there.

The gem is that a few of the "Rough Mixes" included on the disc are, at least in my opinion, superior to the original album cuts. Bomb The Russians, for example, smokes. Others sound equally as powerful, but Ving roughing in the lyrics causes a few mistakes and dropped lines. Anyway, the presentation of the original album here sounds the best it's sounded so far; it says the new tracks are remastered, but they are most definitely re-mixed, re-edited, and possibly re-recorded.
                      I didn't even know this was out yet. I will look into this.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

FEAR - More Beer (Remastered Deluxe)

OK, this is on Spotify and I immediately here what you mean about the drums and the guitar in the mix. Not sure how I feel about this though.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          OK, this is on Spotify and I immediately here what you mean about the drums and the guitar in the mix. Not sure how I feel about this though.
                          At the end of it, if they'd just remixed it, I probably wouldn't be as hesitant, but it's the rediting of songs. I'll stick with the original mix. But give those Rough Mixes a listen, some of them are amazing.

Comment

At the end of it, if they'd just remixed it, I probably wouldn't be as hesitant, but it's the rediting of songs. I'll stick with the original mix. But give those Rough Mixes a listen, some of them are amazing.
                            Just finished, and yeah, those rough mixes are really what the album should sound like. Those are killer.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Dead Milkmen - Bucky Fellini
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Streets - Everything Is Borrowed
                                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                                X