• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfits - Legacy Of Brutality
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• At The Gates -- Terminal Spirit Disease
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Discharge - War is Hell
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Damned - I'm Okay Jack And The Beanstalk

This album is fun, it doesn't get the recognition it should, probably because of the line up.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• In Solitude -- The World The Flesh The Devil.

Ian, you ever heard this band? If not, you should check them out. They play old school 80s traditional metal, heavily influenced by early Mercyful Fate. One of the best albums from last year for sure.

Comment

• I have not but you have piqued my interest and I shall check them out.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                The Damned - I'm Okay Jack And The Beanstalk

This album is fun, it doesn't get the recognition it should, probably because of the line up.
                It is listenable, but I'd call it the low point of their discography. If you like the record check out their live album Molten Lager. It documents the band on tour in support for this record and presents more energetic renditions of most of the album.

On a side note Brian James and Rat Scabies are currently on tour playing Damned Damned Damned in its entirety.

Comment

• Interesting. And yeah, I do like it. More than I remember liking it. I'd only heard it once or twice, a long time ago. Put it on today for the first time in ages as I got the CD for $2 last weekend. Enjoyed it more than I remembered, so will check out Molten Lager.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Thor - Unchained
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Pipes & Pints - Until We Die
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Wooden Shjips- West

Comment

• The Infested - Myths, Lies & Hypocrites
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity

Comment

• Got the new DigitMovies cd of Cipriani's TRAGIC CEREMONY/WHIRLPOOL this week...the former is mainly eerie mood stuff but damn, WHIRLPOOL is prime Cipriani. Beautiful and catchy as hell with some lovely wordless Edda vocals (not credited on the cd but it sure sounds like her). Cipriani revisits some bits from FEMINA RIDENS here, slightly altered. That tendency to rework pieces in Italian soundtracks is one of my favorite things about them, it's so cool to be listening to something and then, HEY this is from so and so! I have a dvd-r of WHIRLPOOL but the score didn't make a big impression on me, gotta rewatch that soon. If you're a Cipriani fan this is a must-have.

Comment

• Spent the entire day at work listening to Van Morrison. It was an incredible day.

Comment

Working...
                                X