What's playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Some bootleg ,thankfully from the soundboard,concert CD of a 93 tour of the Ramones.
    I hate to say it, but I really don't like late period Ramones live stuff. They played way too fast and I think it spoiled a lot of their songs, especially the more melodic ones where they had a lead guitarist in the studio and then Johnny would just pummel it live with no subtlety (Pet Sematary for example). On record they're one of my favourite bands.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
      I hate to say it, but I really don't like late period Ramones live stuff. They played way too fast and I think it spoiled a lot of their songs, especially the more melodic ones where they had a lead guitarist in the studio and then Johnny would just pummel it live with no subtlety (Pet Sematary for example). On record they're one of my favourite bands.
      Yea their later live stuff isn't the best. Wish I could have seen them with Dee Dee. But they never came close to me back then.

Thankfully this was just a download I burnt to a CD-R. Back in the early 90s I bought way too many "Import" concert CDs that sounded like shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
        I remember I bought the "We're Outta Here!" box when it came out because it came with a documentary VHS as well (since ripped to DVD), and I played it for Ian; we both agreed that it was terrible. Too fucking fast. That stuff from It's Alive, overdubbed or not, is about as fast as it needs to be. That being said, I saw the Ramones in 96 and I was as pleased as pleased can be.

Comment

• Also feel that I should mention I've been playing the first two Murphy's Law albums non-stop for the past 48 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            I remember I bought the "We're Outta Here!" box when it came out because it came with a documentary VHS as well (since ripped to DVD), and I played it for Ian; we both agreed that it was terrible. Too fucking fast. That stuff from It's Alive, overdubbed or not, is about as fast as it needs to be. That being said, I saw the Ramones in 96 and I was as pleased as pleased can be.
            I can't remember what year it was first time I saw The Ramones. It was when they were touring with Pearl Jam. Then saw them twice when they were on the 96 or 97 Lollapalooza tour.

I wish they had released an offical live album from the time Richie was their drummer. The bootlegs I have heard were great. But I've always said he was the best drummer they ever had.

Comment

• The Browns-Greatest Hits vol 1

Comment

• Anal Cunt - Wearing Out Our Welcome
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• The Candy Snatchers - Moronic Pleasures
                  I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Boredoms - Wow 2
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Grave - Out of Respect for the Dead
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Rico Rodriguez - Man From Wareika

Comment

• NIN - With Teeth
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• NIN - Year Zero
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              Anal Cunt - Wearing Out Our Welcome
                              A shame Seth checked out when he did, AC were doing great stuff.

Phlebotomized - Devoted To God
                              LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• Robert Gordon w/ Link Wray - Self-titled

Comment

Working...
                                X