What's playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Doors - L.A. Woman
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Waylon Jennings - Nashville Rebel
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• UFO - Strangers in the Night -- This is getting an 8 (!) disc deluxe reissue on the 18th, already out in the UK. I want it bad but it's 44 bucks. Who am I kidding, I'll get it. One of the best live albums ever.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• late to the party but this caught my attention the other day
          JLG
          Last edited by JLG; 02-05-2021, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul For Rock 'N' Roll

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
              UFO - Strangers in the Night -- This is getting an 8 (!) disc deluxe reissue on the 18th, already out in the UK. I want it bad but it's 44 bucks. Who am I kidding, I'll get it. One of the best live albums ever.
              Been listening to this YouTube -- surprising there was nothing from the Texas sessions (when they toured exhaustively from 1978-1980) - - My friends and I saw them SO MANY times, touring all over the state, they were insanely popular!!

Comment

• Alice Cooper - Social Debris
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Autopsy - Acts Of The Unspeakable.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quot View Post
                    Been listening to this YouTube -- surprising there was nothing from the Texas sessions (when they toured exhaustively from 1978-1980) - - My friends and I saw them SO MANY times, touring all over the state, they were insanely popular!!
                    Man, I envy the hell out of you getting to see them! I would have loved to see that classic lineup. I have read that they were huge in Texas. They should have been so much bigger here in the states.

N/P - Asphyx - Last One On Earth

Comment

• Andrew, Ive got some good concert photos around here somewhere. I'll see if I can locate them and post some of them here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quot View Post
                        Andrew, Ive got some good concert photos around here somewhere. I'll see if I can locate them and post some of them here.
                        Yes, do! I'd love to see them.

Comment

• Melvins - Hostile Ambient Takeover
                          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Alice Cooper - Social Debris
                            People are again making a huge deal about Alice's "Return to his detroit roots" and the original band playing on this song, but it really doesn't sound any less mediocre than any other "new"Alice record.

Honestly, the only thing that he's done recently that sounded like the original band was "Sound of A", and that was apparently a Dunaway track written around the time of Pretties for You, so it makes sense.

The idea that Alice Cooper, the "Golf Monster" is still somehow scary or an outcast or anything is kinda laughable...I love the music that the band has put out on those original albums, and even have my fair share of his solo stuff that has some great tracks, but man. Take the original band on the road again when Covid is over, do a massive tour like you've been talking about doing since before the RNRHOF induction, release a video and a live album and rest on your damn laurels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                              People are again making a huge deal about Alice's "Return to his detroit roots" and the original band playing on this song, but it really doesn't sound any less mediocre than any other "new"Alice record.

Honestly, the only thing that he's done recently that sounded like the original band was "Sound of A", and that was apparently a Dunaway track written around the time of Pretties for You, so it makes sense.

The idea that Alice Cooper, the "Golf Monster" is still somehow scary or an outcast or anything is kinda laughable...I love the music that the band has put out on those original albums, and even have my fair share of his solo stuff that has some great tracks, but man. Take the original band on the road again when Covid is over, do a massive tour like you've been talking about doing since before the RNRHOF induction, release a video and a live album and rest on your damn laurels.
                              I can't argue with any of this. Social Debris is okay. Not amazing, not terrible, just okay.

Would love to see a proper reunion tour while they're still able to do it. None of us are getting any younger!
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                                I can't argue with any of this. Social Debris is okay. Not amazing, not terrible, just okay.

Would love to see a proper reunion tour while they're still able to do it. None of us are getting any younger!
                                As mediocre as everything he's done since Raise Your Fist and Yell is, he's still Alice friggin' Cooper, star of Monster Dog and he still does great interviews. Thankfully I don't have to feel guilty about liking him, unlike Kiss.

I love that Old School box set, full of rough as fuck demos and a great garagey live set.
                                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X