What's playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nolando View Post
    Listening to the latest podcast from a buddy named Jerry. This week's is all about Joe Jackson whom I normally tend to ignore.
    Joe Jackson is great.

Comment

• Agreed - and has written far more songs than I realized that I'm already familiar with, apparently. I just got so damn sick of that "Something Going On Around Here" in the 80s that I wrote him off entirely. My mistake...
      It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        Viletones - A Taste Of Honey
        I've been listening to that this week! Also been listening to some DOA - Something Better Change and some random Echo & The Bunnymen songs.

Comment

• Small world. I just bought the CD reissue of Something Better Change two weeks ago.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Black Flag - The First Four Years
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Very small world. Awesome though. I used to have The First Four Years CD back in high school but had to sell it (along with other CDs) during college when I was broke. I'm thinking about re buying it soon. I don't know if there's any in North Jersey/NYC area but South Jersey has a buy trade sell record store called Tunes. Few locations in South Jersey and one near a shore I believe. I have some DVDs to trade in so I'm hoping to find the Black Flag CD there the next time I go.

Comment

• No Tunes in NYC that I know off, but it sounds like a cool place.

Right now? Jesus Lizard's Goat album. It makes doing spreadsheets seem far more important than it actually is.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Teenage Bottlerocket - Another Way
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Dwarves - Come Clean
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I've been listening to Motorhead all day -- all the albums with Fast Eddie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        Yeah, it's one of their best. Followed it up with The Evil Powers Of Rock N Roll, which is also good.
                        No love for "The Smoke Of Hell"? Man, that album kicked ass when it first came out on Sub Pop and blew the dust off the grunge thing which was starting to wear at that point, and before the Supersuckers started to adopt that whole country persona. I'll never forget the first time I saw them perform live -- in Spokane back in '92. An old college roommate of mine was in the opening band, Gas Huffer, that had travelled over from Seattle for the show. After their set we went out to the van to partake and he told me to get ready to have my face blown off. We got back inside as the Supersuckers were setting up and I notiched that where there normally would be a hole cut out of Dancing Eagle's bass drum to insert a microphone, it looked like somebody had instead punched their fist through and the drum skin just kind of flapped around to the beat. The band plugged in and proceeded to rip the roof off that shitty little club, capped by a killer cover of Motorhead's "Sex and Outrage" for an encore.

Comment

• Man but the Supersuckers sound sucked so badly back then - they improved greatly, only to then seem to fall back and rely on their "cool" reputation. That said, I thought Eddie's solo album from last year was pretty solid.

Today's been pretty much all Pogues.
                          It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

• Continuing my journey through the Motorhead catalog, I'm listening to "Another Perfect Day" this morning. Kind of an oddball in the band's discography, but it's always been a favorite of mine; combining their traditional heaviness with a bit more melody courtesy of Brian Robertson. The deluxe edition includes a live recording from '83 that sounds pretty good, and it's interesting to hear a live show from the band with nothing from the "Overkill" album included.

Comment

• You can't really go wrong with Motorhead of any era.

NP - Pixies - Surfer Rosa/Come On Pilgrim
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Choking Victim - No Gods, No Managers
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X