What's playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Starry View Post
    Man, there's a band/album I haven't listened to in a long time. Might have to fire this one up on the ol' iPod when I get home this evening. That guy had such a killer voice. Brings to mind that great cover of "Public Animal #9" that the band did on an old Sub Pop singles club 7". I decided to google that and found it posted on the internet -- check it out! (three other great AC covers on there too)...
    Yeah, that track is on the Merry Go Round album too. Great stuff. Brannon still has it live, too. Saw Negative Approach two years ago, he can still scream his lungs out. Check out Easy Action, it's kind of more rock n roll than punk or noisy heroin rock, but still fucking great and his vocals are killer on the two albums they put out too.

And Paul, you're wrong about The Pogues.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      They make the best mini-van commercials.

Comment

• Merry Christmas, Kirsty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          I haven't been wrong yet. Why start now?

Comment

• SPC ECO- You Tell Me

Comment

• Motorhead - Orgasmatron
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                Ugh, WFNX is playing some fuckin' Xmas song by The Pogues. This has gotta be one of the worst bands that people gush over.
                Is this the only fuckin' Xmas song they play? ARGH. Just play Christmas Wrapping, dickheads. Fuck The Pogues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Starry View Post
                  Yeah, if you guys are referring to Mark Lanegan he's gone on to do a bunch of solo stuff as well. Guy's got a great voice -- really deep and gravelly. My wife and friends still give me a hard time about the one time I got to (sort of) meet Lanegan back in the winter of '92. We were in a little dive diner eating breakfast in Colfax, Washington the morning after seeing the Trees play a concert on the campus of Washington State University. My back was to the door and when my buddy told me to turn around I was simultaneously face to face with Mark Lanegan and let out a high pitched scream like a little girl of "Screaming Trees!". Very embarrassing moment.
                  What did he do? haha

Lanegan's the man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry C View Post
                    What did he do? haha

Lanegan's the man.
                    He gave me the look of death. I felt pretty stupid, but later we had a brief conversation and I helped the band get their food -- this was a funky, old-fashioned diner with lighted menus and telephones in each booth so that you had to call in your order to the kitchen.

Comment

• Negative Approach - Nothing Will Stand In Our Way

It's good, angry, I don't wanna be at work today music.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Metal Inquisition!

Comment

• Contagious Orgasm- Escape

Comment

• Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                            Contagious Orgasm- Escape
                            How's this? I only have Spill Drop and I can't remember what it sounds like. I see it all the time and get angry at the packaging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                              How's this? I only have Spill Drop and I can't remember what it sounds like. I see it all the time and get angry at the packaging.
                              What's angry making about the packaging? Escape is mostly dark ambiance and samples with beats and noise providing tension. Some of it is also lighter and more energetic. Not bad. It's the first CO I've checked out and I have no idea where to start with their back catalog.

NP: The Cows- Sexy Pee Story

Comment

• Originally posted by Roderick View Post
                                What's angry making about the packaging? Escape is mostly dark ambiance and samples with beats and noise providing tension. Some of it is also lighter and more energetic. Not bad. It's the first CO I've checked out and I have no idea where to start with their back catalog.
                                It's got some weird rubber band around it and it sits such that I can't put cds on top of it or next to it if I were standing them that way. I probably wouldn't get mad at it if it were something I listened to more.
                                I've gotta check it out again. Like you, it's the first/only CO I've checked out.

Comment

Working...
                                X