X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danko Jones - Born A Lion
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'm in a bit of a retro rock mood this morning -- listening to the first six Van Halen albums with DLR in order.

Comment

• Put together a rock instrumentals playlist in Spotify this morning. Currently 'Bouree' - Jethro Tull

Comment

• Merle Haggard - Strangers
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Starry View Post
            I'm in a bit of a retro rock mood this morning -- listening to the first six Van Halen albums with DLR in order.
            Not a bad way to spend a morning.

Right now I'm listening to The Deli Creeps. Later, from 1-5, a Frank Zappa birthday tribute on http://wzbc.org/

Thanks Pail!

Comment

• Ramones - Rocket To Russia.

Classic.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• And then, out of nowhere, Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You pops into my head. Thanks for the quick fix Youtube (and the link to L7 - Pretend That We're Dead).

Comment

• What band did they guy go on to be in?

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                    What band did they guy go on to be in?
                    Wikipedia says he was in Queens of the Stone Age for a bit. I only know that song, though (well, that I'm aware of). I must've heard it on Leftover Lunch recently.

Comment

• Laughing Hyenas - You Can't Pray A Lie

John Brannon's vocals are insane on this album.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Casey View Post
                        Wikipedia says he was in Queens of the Stone Age for a bit. I only know that song, though (well, that I'm aware of). I must've heard it on Leftover Lunch recently.
                        Yeah, if you guys are referring to Mark Lanegan he's gone on to do a bunch of solo stuff as well. Guy's got a great voice -- really deep and gravelly. My wife and friends still give me a hard time about the one time I got to (sort of) meet Lanegan back in the winter of '92. We were in a little dive diner eating breakfast in Colfax, Washington the morning after seeing the Trees play a concert on the campus of Washington State University. My back was to the door and when my buddy told me to turn around I was simultaneously face to face with Mark Lanegan and let out a high pitched scream like a little girl of "Screaming Trees!". Very embarrassing moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Starry View Post
                          Yeah, if you guys are referring to Mark Lanegan he's gone on to do a bunch of solo stuff as well. Guy's got a great voice -- really deep and gravelly. My wife and friends still give me a hard time about the one time I got to (sort of) meet Lanegan back in the winter of '92. We were in a little dive diner eating breakfast in Colfax, Washington the morning after seeing the Trees play a concert on the campus of Washington State University. My back was to the door and when my buddy told me to turn around I was simultaneously face to face with Mark Lanegan and let out a high pitched scream like a little girl of "Screaming Trees!". Very embarrassing moment.
                          haha That's excellent.

Comment

• Ugh, WFNX is playing some fuckin' Xmas song by The Pogues. This has gotta be one of the worst bands that people gush over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Laughing Hyenas - You Can't Pray A Lie

John Brannon's vocals are insane on this album.
                              Man, there's a band/album I haven't listened to in a long time. Might have to fire this one up on the ol' iPod when I get home this evening. That guy had such a killer voice. Brings to mind that great cover of "Public Animal #9" that the band did on an old Sub Pop singles club 7". I decided to google that and found it posted on the internet -- check it out! (three other great AC covers on there too)...

http://daily7inch.blogspot.com/2011/...r-tribute.html

Comment

• Meanwhile, I'm feeling big, bold, and brassy this morning. Currently spinning Bruno Nicolai's "The Spy Movie Soundtracks Collection". Later I'm going to queue up John Barry's soundtrack for "Diamonds Are Forever" to celebrate that film's 40th Anniversary.

Comment

Working...
                                X