No announcement yet.

Upcoming shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure why I changed my font size on that last post but fuck it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Wow, that's still pretty high, but understandable in that density.

They're FINALLY moving Waterloo region to step 2 on Monday (we were delayed because we're a Delta Variant clusterfuck), and I'm at the grocery store yesterday and some stupid asshole and her kid are talking to the cashier around the plexiglass barrier, zero fucking masks on them, and the cashier was obviously uncomfortable. At least at the liquor store, staff will call you on that shit right away, even if you've got your nose uncovered.

people are assholes.

Comment

• Yeah, we're still supposed to wear masks indoors in NYC at least, and a lot of people aren't bothering. I get that people are over it but it's such a minor thing.

Anyway, we'll see how things shape up on Sunday for that Tape Hiss show. Free, outdoors, and walkable appeals to me. If they suck, I can leave and all I've lost is some time. It really would be pretty cool to see some live music again.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• It's been a weird year for concerts. Because of Covid-related stuff, I missed Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets and Letterkenny Live. Because of an old man with addiction issues, I missed Bauhaus. I did see Front 242 a couple of weeks ago and they were good. This Sunday I'm going to see the Chameleons and She Wants Revenge? Really just going for the chameleons.

Comment

• I've got Mercyful Fate with Midnight and Kreator on Thursday and I'm pretty stoked. There's going to be 8 of us going and it should be a blast.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Oh, right on. That sounds fun.

Comment

• Bloodshot Bill & The Black Lips are playing two shows this week here. Off! is supposed to play too. Next week, The Schizophonics have a show too.

Am I able to go to any of them?

Nope.

Comment

• Was supposed to go and see The Chameleons on Sunday, but they canceled the show and the opening bands were changed and still I can't get a fuckin refund.

Ready to not buy tickets to a show again until the day of. Getting fuckin stupid now.

Comment

• Forgot about this thread...

I went to a house show at John Jughead's house on Saturday night. It was a small thing, around 30 people were there and it was all acoustic. He had some guest come to play new stuff as the fake band Semi-Famous (from his novel Weasels In A Box). Got a 45 by Semi-Famous at the show too. Some of the guest were from Bombpops, Mixtapes, Crash & Burn and ReHasher. Some of the guests played some of their own songs. There were also a couple Screeching Weasel songs played of course.

Last night, the same folks played electric so I hit that up too. Jughead's other band The Mitochondriacs played too and that was fun. Semi-Famous was more interesting electric too. And yeah, more SW songs last night. As a side note, the last band caught me off-guard - Ghost Forest. Jim Kimball (2nd drummer from Jesus Lizard) Scott "Gub" Conway (from Gauge, Even In Blackouts, SW, etc). and Brant McCrea (filmmaker - Chicago Rot). Definitely a different sound than the rest of the bands -- they classify themselves as a type of post-punk I think. Pretty heavy at times. Before I knew who was all in the band, the drumming on the 1st song caught my ear (I wasn't really paying attention and was getting ready to leave). His set-up and style, plus punishing snare hits, instantly made me curious and got my attention. So, yeah. Two shows over the weekend.

Upcoming show - Bikini Kill in April, Ezra Furman in June, maybe Laura Jane Grace with the Interrupters in April too. Got a ticket for Goner Fest later this year. Going to Rebellion Fest over the summer - Descendents were just added now too.

Comment

• Probably going to see Kiss on their last tour ever (?????)....in June 2023 somewhere in Europe because I'll be on vacation then:)
                      triptych
                      Last edited by triptych; 03-01-2023, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• I'm going to see Sick of it all and Life of Agony (will likely skip LOA as I'm not a fan) at the end of March, Skinny Puppy in April, and Sparks in July. Also planning on seeing a few bands in NYC in June.

Comment

• The Wu-Tang Clan are coming to Calgary, and since it’s a bucket list show for my friend, we are going! 2nd row of the 2nd deck of the Saddledome, to the left of the stage. Looking forward to it!
                          Darcy Parker
                          Last edited by Darcy Parker; 03-25-2023, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• I'd like to attend one of Steve Vai's music/guitar/business workshops somewhere , but I just cannot find the time this month. Oh well, better luck this summer :) ????

Comment

• Big Thief next month, the Lemon Twigs the month after.
                              https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                                Upcoming show - Bikini Kill in April, Ezra Furman in June, maybe Laura Jane Grace with the Interrupters in April too. Got a ticket for Goner Fest later this year. Going to Rebellion Fest over the summer - Descendents were just added now too.
                                Also, just got a ticket for one day of FitzGerald's American Music Fest headlined by Dave Alvin & The Guilty Ones in July.

Comment

Working...
                                X