Upcoming shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming shows?

Just curious what folks have on the calendar in other parts of the country.

This Saturday we have X playing. They're showing a new docu about them prior to playing through 2 live sets, one of which is "Los Angeles" in its entirety.

At the end of February I'm also stoked to see that the reunited Man...or Astroman? are coming back through.

And then, in June, the mighty Fleshtones will be finally hitting the West Coast again.
    It's not going to suck itself...

X is weird.

Things have calmed down here thankfully as far as shows go. October through December was ridiculous but fun.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Cobra Skulls in Feb. and I'm hopefully gonna go to the Toxic Holocaust show once I get back from Vegas in two weeks.

I wanted to see Leftover Crack on Sunday but kinda forgot about it once the blizzard moved in.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

X was really friggin' great when i saw them here in June. Hey, Ian, can I interview Billy Zoom since Ron Reyes doesn't answer emails once he says, "Sure, man, sounds great!"?

I'm going to see Motorhead for the first time when they play here in February with Clutch and Valiant Thorr. Also thinking of going to check out The Headstones reunion show in February.

Comment

You can interview pretty much anyone you want and a Zoom interview would be awesome.

The Headstones were awesome live when I saw them in college. You know, that show you didn't go to? It was good. Hugh Dillon kicked a guy in the head and was fucked out of his gourd but they were crazy good.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The Rev is playing next month with Split Lip Rayfield and The Von Erichs, Kool Keith is playing in a couple weeks but I'm too broke to go
            "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

The Sword just announced a show next month, tix are only 14 bucks!
              "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

Originally posted by chad View Post
                The Rev is playing next month with Split Lip Rayfield and The Von Erichs, Kool Keith is playing in a couple weeks but I'm too broke to go
                I saw Kool Keith once. It was the WORST show I've ever been to. Luckily the tickets were free (face value $26). DJ Qbert was opening, but everyone was late. Luckily, Akrobatik was in the crowd, and they got him to perform for a bit. Qbert came on, and one of his turntables was broken. Fuckin' fine, whatever. Then Kool Keith came on (this whole show is super late, by the way) and claimed that his dj was stuck on a cruise ship. He played his cd on a discman and rapped over that. We left after two or three minutes. Fuckin' sucked.

Comment

oh I dig them. Good stoner stuff. Not that I do that, am doing it now. No way.

This was supposed to be in response to Chad note on The Sword. I fucked it up.

Yes, Paul, I dig The Sword. in fact, I love it.

Comment

Todd, you ever check out Neurosis?

Comment

Neurosis are rad.

I don't know if this counts as a concert or not but yesterday I got to watch Mixmaster Mike tear it up at CES for a half an hour or so. I'm not a big DJ guy but that dude is pretty intense and really good at what he does. The other exhibitors weren't happy with the volume levels getting as high as they did (it's kinda hard to have meetings in your booth when Mike is doing his thing and booth girls are hooting and hollaring at everyone) but whatever. That dude is pretty impressive.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm getting pre-sales for Mí–Tí–RHEAD tomorrow. I'm a Mí–TORHEAD live virgin, so I hope they still rock it. The venue is a piece-of-shit cow-shed, but I figure it'll be my last chance to see Lemmy scream.

ZZ Top are playing the same venue, but I'm hoping they do a smaller club show. I live in hope...

Comment

I've seen ZZ Top and Motorhead, they both put on a fucking great show, be terrific if they toured together

Comment

Bring ear plugs. Trust me.
                            It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Saw a few NYC bands and a Prov, RI band tonight. Good shows.

VELLUM
                              THROAT
                              COWARDS
                              WORK/DEATH

Not as abrasive as I would've hoped, but fun nonetheless. Plus, the girl that is in Throat is totally cute. She also has a solo project, Pharmakon.

Comment

Working...
                              X