No announcement yet.

Upcoming shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, they stumbled a few times, and I hated the covers....which he expanded into that Hollywood Vampires thing...and I agree with you on that...but he largely played the original group material with a few songs from later, and very few new songs.

Comment

• Actually, here....
      http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...chener-Ontario

Read all about it. It's certainly better than my memory.

Comment

• Oh yeah! I remember that review! That medley of the Hollywood Vampires classic rock junk sounds atrocious. I know Alice really is a pop act and he can do whatever he wants, but c'mon -- he can do better than that.

Then again, I see his posts for the radio show... Maybe he can't.

Comment

• Haha, yeah. The setlist at the bottom was what I went to the review for, but then I started reading it....and those tombstones. Oh, boy.

Comment

• Turbonegro are coming back to Toronto. Holy fuckin shit.

Comment

• Seems weird to go to a rock'n'roll show with seats.

Comment

• I'm old and crabby. I love seats.

Comment

• I'm learning not to discuss my preference for old Alive VS modern Alice in a FB group. Seems the "kids" think the old band were poor musicians and put on lame shows. Oy vey...

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                    I'm learning not to discuss my preference for old Alive VS modern Alice in a FB group. Seems the "kids" think the old band were poor musicians and put on lame shows. Oy vey...
                    Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even when they're horribly, horribly incorrect.

Comment

• Thank you! I can sort of understand the fans who are all about Alice himself and likely dig metal, but to think the original band wasn't special?? Oy vey...

Comment

• Got my tix for Alice. Splurged for the mid-range ones nearer the stage, $62 per ticket including the various fees.

Comment

• That's not a bad deal at all. Sure you won't be disappointed. But let us know, regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                            Thank you! I can sort of understand the fans who are all about Alice himself and likely dig metal, but to think the original band wasn't special?? Oy vey...
                            I can find stuff to appreciate about his later years, and understand that Pretties For You and even Easy Action might not be for everyone. But Love It To Death? Killer? School's Out? Billion Dollar Babies? Muscle of Love???? Tons of classics there. And the musicianship was top-notch there. I've seen and heard a bunch of shows from that era in boot form, and with the exception of Buxton's issues later on, that band was TIGHT.

Comment

• I haven't been able to find any recordings of shows post B$B. Have you heard any, Mark?

Comment

• Got a pretty solid July lined up:

7/7 - Rakim performing Paid In Full
                                7/8 - INFEST
                                7/16 - Hall & Oates
                                7/17 - Duran Duran
                                7/22 - Huey Lewis & The News

Sheeeit

Comment

Working...
                                X