X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Was supposed to go and see The Chameleons on Sunday, but they canceled the show and the opening bands were changed and still I can't get a fuckin refund.

Ready to not buy tickets to a show again until the day of. Getting fuckin stupid now.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    Bloodshot Bill & The Black Lips are playing two shows this week here. Off! is supposed to play too. Next week, The Schizophonics have a show too.

Am I able to go to any of them?

Nope.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Oh, right on. That sounds fun.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    I've got Mercyful Fate with Midnight and Kreator on Thursday and I'm pretty stoked. There's going to be 8 of us going and it should be a blast.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    It's been a weird year for concerts. Because of Covid-related stuff, I missed Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets and Letterkenny Live. Because of an old man with addiction issues, I missed Bauhaus. I did see Front 242 a couple of weeks ago and they were good. This Sunday I'm going to see the Chameleons and She Wants Revenge? Really just going for the chameleons.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Yeah, we're still supposed to wear masks indoors in NYC at least, and a lot of people aren't bothering. I get that people are over it but it's such a minor thing.

Anyway, we'll see how things shape up on Sunday for that Tape Hiss show. Free, outdoors, and walkable appeals to me. If they suck, I can leave and all I've lost is some time. It really would be pretty cool to see some live music again.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Wow, that's still pretty high, but understandable in that density.

They're FINALLY moving Waterloo region to step 2 on Monday (we were delayed because we're a Delta Variant clusterfuck), and I'm at the grocery store yesterday and some stupid asshole and her kid are talking to the cashier around the plexiglass barrier, zero fucking masks on them, and the cashier was obviously uncomfortable. At least at the liquor store, staff will call you on that shit right away, even if you've got your nose uncovered.

people are assholes.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Not sure why I changed my font size on that last post but fuck it.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Here's our latest #'s as per the state.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5yrTjQWQAI8Y6T.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	360231

"Total COVID hospitalizations are at 347.Of the 98,677 tests reported yesterday, 607 were positive (0.68% of total).Sadly, there were 3 fatalities."

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5yq5QPWQAEnfzQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	360232

Getting the 12-18 year old demographic up to speed will be key, and that hasn't been an option for as long as the 18+ demographic.

But yeah, I'm doing the same thing as you. Trying to still act responsibly so that I can stay safe and help others stay safe.

I've noticed some places in NYC hosting shows asking for proof of vaccination before letting people in.

I know The Foo Fighters sold out MSG a few weeks ago but everyone who had a ticket was supposedly (I wasn't there but this is what was reported) required to show proof of vaccination upon entry and that was made clear ahead of time.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Witch Taint are playing their now super-delayed record release party in Sept. and I'm tempted but that as well. It's a club show but I can't imagine it'll be packed to the gills. Some friends are going, I told them I'd let them know.
    How are your guys' numbers down there?

I was talking about this with some friends the other day, and it kinda fits in with the other thread about the vaccinations being up but the cases still huge, and the fact that Florida had just dropped all of their restrictions; the response was like, "Yeah, Florida is fully open, but you're not hearing about the huge number of cases and the fact that people are still dying from it in large numbers." I don't know. there's so much misinformation out there now, I just kinda put my head down, got my shots, act responsibly, and do my thing.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Witch Taint are playing their now super-delayed record release party in Sept. and I'm tempted but that as well. It's a club show but I can't imagine it'll be packed to the gills. Some friends are going, I told them I'd let them know.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Oh, wow, that sounds cool.

I'm not sure where I'll be at by October. Right now I'm obviously not into jamming into a small venue, but by October, depending....we shall see.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    High On Fire are playing in Manhattan in October. I'm tempted by it, but not 100% sure I want to go to packed and sweaty indoor shows just yet.

That said, Tape Hiss (Steve Shelley from Sonic Youth, Ernie Brooks from The Modern Lovers and David Nagler from Nova Social) are playing a free outdoor show within walking distance of our place on Sunday that I might go to.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    The funny thing is that a lot of the NYHC guys are great as you say, and a lot of them will talk about division in the media and black and white points of view...so it's interesting that when some people commented on it on twitter (the lack of masks and distancing), John Joseph is the one who gets coverage on blabbermouth complaining about BLM protests and looters and nobody complaining about it, then telling people if they didn't want to go they could stay home and "we didn't miss your ass, anyway". JJ has also been pretty vocal about how he doesn't think that Covid is serious; it's really a shame that he's the spokesperson for what went on yesterday.

Anyway, quite a few people I know were there, and in the pics those people weren't wearing masks, and I hope that the need to see live music and not wear a mask doesn't kill any of them off.
    The world may improve if it does.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    The NYHC scene can be a lot of fun and there are a lot of good people involved in it. There are also a lot of idiots. if not for Covid, I'd have been there, I've seen a few hardcore shows at Tompkins over the years and they're fun, but not worth possibly getting sick over right now.
    The funny thing is that a lot of the NYHC guys are great as you say, and a lot of them will talk about division in the media and black and white points of view...so it's interesting that when some people commented on it on twitter (the lack of masks and distancing), John Joseph is the one who gets coverage on blabbermouth complaining about BLM protests and looters and nobody complaining about it, then telling people if they didn't want to go they could stay home and "we didn't miss your ass, anyway". JJ has also been pretty vocal about how he doesn't think that Covid is serious; it's really a shame that he's the spokesperson for what went on yesterday.

Anyway, quite a few people I know were there, and in the pics those people weren't wearing masks, and I hope that the need to see live music and not wear a mask doesn't kill any of them off.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X