X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Somehow, I'm paying for goddam fucking Social Distortion again lol.

That being said, also bought my daughter tickets to take her to see Hobo Johnson.

Who I can't stand. But whatcha gonna do.

Leave a comment:

• s.chivers

• s.chivers
    replied
    Had a blast with The Lemon Twigs last night. I’m sure they’re criticised in some parts for the way they wear their influences on their sleeves, but their craft and commitment makes for a joyous live show.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    I am now considering paying Stubhub prices for the sold out Le Tigre show in Chicago. That's how good it was.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
    Bikini Kill was amazing last night in Chicago. Blew me away.
    I'll try to not be too annoyed at you for not missing them on this tour like I did.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    I just saw that Social Distortion are playing Calgary again on July 10th, thinking I will take my wife to see them again.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    Bikini Kill was amazing last night in Chicago. Blew me away.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    Dave was one of the last shows I went to -- maybe thee last show I went to - before the world came to a halt from COVID. He's been battling cancer, so I decided I really need to go see him in case things take a turn for him.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied

Also, just got a ticket for one day of FitzGerald's American Music Fest headlined by Dave Alvin & The Guilty Ones in July.
    I'm pissed that I missed getting tix for Bikini Kill here, and I'm super jealous of you seeing Dave Alvin.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    Upcoming show - Bikini Kill in April, Ezra Furman in June, maybe Laura Jane Grace with the Interrupters in April too. Got a ticket for Goner Fest later this year. Going to Rebellion Fest over the summer - Descendents were just added now too.
    Also, just got a ticket for one day of FitzGerald's American Music Fest headlined by Dave Alvin & The Guilty Ones in July.

Leave a comment:

• s.chivers

• s.chivers
    replied
    Big Thief next month, the Lemon Twigs the month after.

Leave a comment:

• triptych

• triptych
    replied
    I'd like to attend one of Steve Vai's music/guitar/business workshops somewhere , but I just cannot find the time this month. Oh well, better luck this summer :) ????

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    The Wu-Tang Clan are coming to Calgary, and since it’s a bucket list show for my friend, we are going! 2nd row of the 2nd deck of the Saddledome, to the left of the stage. Looking forward to it!
    Darcy Parker
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 03-25-2023, 05:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    I'm going to see Sick of it all and Life of Agony (will likely skip LOA as I'm not a fan) at the end of March, Skinny Puppy in April, and Sparks in July. Also planning on seeing a few bands in NYC in June.

Leave a comment:

• triptych

• triptych
    replied
    Probably going to see Kiss on their last tour ever (?????)....in June 2023 somewhere in Europe because I'll be on vacation then:)
    triptych
    Last edited by triptych; 03-01-2023, 10:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bgart13

• bgart13
    replied
    Forgot about this thread...

I went to a house show at John Jughead's house on Saturday night. It was a small thing, around 30 people were there and it was all acoustic. He had some guest come to play new stuff as the fake band Semi-Famous (from his novel Weasels In A Box). Got a 45 by Semi-Famous at the show too. Some of the guest were from Bombpops, Mixtapes, Crash & Burn and ReHasher. Some of the guests played some of their own songs. There were also a couple Screeching Weasel songs played of course.

Last night, the same folks played electric so I hit that up too. Jughead's other band The Mitochondriacs played too and that was fun. Semi-Famous was more interesting electric too. And yeah, more SW songs last night. As a side note, the last band caught me off-guard - Ghost Forest. Jim Kimball (2nd drummer from Jesus Lizard) Scott "Gub" Conway (from Gauge, Even In Blackouts, SW, etc). and Brant McCrea (filmmaker - Chicago Rot). Definitely a different sound than the rest of the bands -- they classify themselves as a type of post-punk I think. Pretty heavy at times. Before I knew who was all in the band, the drumming on the 1st song caught my ear (I wasn't really paying attention and was getting ready to leave). His set-up and style, plus punishing snare hits, instantly made me curious and got my attention. So, yeah. Two shows over the weekend.

Upcoming show - Bikini Kill in April, Ezra Furman in June, maybe Laura Jane Grace with the Interrupters in April too. Got a ticket for Goner Fest later this year. Going to Rebellion Fest over the summer - Descendents were just added now too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X