Upcoming shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bgart13 View Post

Also, just got a ticket for one day of FitzGerald's American Music Fest headlined by Dave Alvin & The Guilty Ones in July.
    I'm pissed that I missed getting tix for Bikini Kill here, and I'm super jealous of you seeing Dave Alvin.

Comment

• Dave was one of the last shows I went to -- maybe thee last show I went to - before the world came to a halt from COVID. He's been battling cancer, so I decided I really need to go see him in case things take a turn for him.

Comment

• Bikini Kill was amazing last night in Chicago. Blew me away.

Comment

• I just saw that Social Distortion are playing Calgary again on July 10th, thinking I will take my wife to see them again.

Comment

Bikini Kill was amazing last night in Chicago. Blew me away.
            I'll try to not be too annoyed at you for not missing them on this tour like I did.

Comment

• I am now considering paying Stubhub prices for the sold out Le Tigre show in Chicago. That's how good it was.

Comment

• Had a blast with The Lemon Twigs last night. I’m sure they’re criticised in some parts for the way they wear their influences on their sleeves, but their craft and commitment makes for a joyous live show.
                https://carnalcinema.blog

Comment

• Somehow, I'm paying for goddam fucking Social Distortion again lol.

That being said, also bought my daughter tickets to take her to see Hobo Johnson.

Who I can't stand. But whatcha gonna do.

Comment

• Ended up seeing Laura Jane Grace last evening at an anniversary party for a local coffee company here in Chicago. Excellent time and always cool talking to Laura, we hung out for a while afterwards before she ordered an Uber ride home. She's so friendly and generous with her time.

I decided to get tix to see Le Tigre next weekend, I'm really looking forward to that. I'm considering going to see the Blue Meanies reunite the weekend after that. Then after I get back from the UK later in August, I'm going to head out to Seattle for a friend's weekend rock'n'roll mini-fest that Muck & The Mires is headlining. Not sure what'll be after that except a little break/rest/.
                    bgart13
                    Last edited by bgart13; 07-09-2023, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Kinda bummed, I’m going to have to miss Social Distortion tomorrow night. Oh well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                        Kinda bummed, I’m going to have to miss Social Distortion tomorrow night. Oh well.
                        Cancer is a bitch. Ness is supposed to make a full recovery though.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Cancer is a bitch. Ness is supposed to make a full recovery though.
                          I hadn't heard about him having cancer, last I heard the show is still going on, I am just too broke for tickets at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

I hadn't heard about him having cancer, last I heard the show is still going on, I am just too broke for tickets at the moment.
                            Yup, tonsil cancer. Summer tour has been postponed so you probably weren't going anyway.

https://loudwire.com/mike-ness-tonsi...al-distortion/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm considering going to see the Blue Meanies reunite the weekend after that.
                              I've probably seen them live more than any other musical act. Boy did I have fun at their shows!

"When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Yup, tonsil cancer. Summer tour has been postponed so you probably weren't going anyway.

https://loudwire.com/mike-ness-tonsi...al-distortion/
                                Shit. Well, I hope he beats it!

Comment

Working...
                                X