Upcoming shows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Man, can you imagine possibly dying from a fucking Barenaked Ladies show?
    when is the last time you even heard of Toad The Wet Sprocket doing anything? hahahaha. What, they couldn't get King Cobb Steelie?

And no. I would not die for the Barenaked Ladies.

Comment

• The concept of socially distanced shows is ridiculous. There's always some tool with four pints in their hand nudging people out of the way all the way from the bar at the back because they think that buying rip off beer gives them a justification to push people around. Then there are the twats with backpacks who want to wedge themselves between you and the person in front, the people that just want to grab others and shove in because they were sensible enough to get there early for a good view, crowd surfers who are just begging for me to punch them in the balls, and the most egregious of all: the random stranger that wants to have a conversation with you about the gig during the gig.

I stopped going to gigs three years ago because I just spend most of my time evaluating threats from audience members and not listening to the music. I once spent a whole Alice in Chains gig convincing myself that some suspiciously calm Japanese salary man type was a suicide bomber. I'd also had a dodgy KFC before and only just made it back to my friend's house before having a double ended blowout all over his bathroom floor.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• I miss going to shows,but they could bring back all my fave dead musicians and I wouldn't go right now.

Plus add in how much I hate crowds and drunks and loud people.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
          I'd also had a dodgy KFC before and only just made it back to my friend's house before having a double ended blowout all over his bathroom floor.
          There is non-dodgy KFC?

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
            There is non-dodgy KFC?
            Having worked at a KFC long ago, I can tell you that there is no such thing.

Comment

• This was the notorious KFC in Leicester Square, unfortunately I only found out about its reputation after the fact!

https://www.thecaterer.com/news/rest...ygiene-charges
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

So Madball and Murphy's Law are playing a free outdoor show in Tompkins Square Park on 4/24.

Normally I'd be all over this, but right now going to a hardcore show just seems like a bad idea to me so as much as I'd love to see any live music right now, I'll be sitting this one out.
                I saw a lot of videos of today's TS Park show, and the bands were amazing. that being said, I'm glad that I wasn't there, even if I wanted to be. There was no way to distance in that crowd. and like 6 people were wearing masks. As has been stated, masks don't stop you from getting it, but they do stop you from spreading it; fully anticipating a few cases coming out from this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                  I saw a lot of videos of today's TS Park show, and the bands were amazing. that being said, I'm glad that I wasn't there, even if I wanted to be. There was no way to distance in that crowd. and like 6 people were wearing masks. As has been stated, masks don't stop you from getting it, but they do stop you from spreading it; fully anticipating a few cases coming out from this one.
                  The NYHC scene can be a lot of fun and there are a lot of good people involved in it. There are also a lot of idiots. if not for Covid, I'd have been there, I've seen a few hardcore shows at Tompkins over the years and they're fun, but not worth possibly getting sick over right now.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The NYHC scene can be a lot of fun and there are a lot of good people involved in it. There are also a lot of idiots. if not for Covid, I'd have been there, I've seen a few hardcore shows at Tompkins over the years and they're fun, but not worth possibly getting sick over right now.
                    The funny thing is that a lot of the NYHC guys are great as you say, and a lot of them will talk about division in the media and black and white points of view...so it's interesting that when some people commented on it on twitter (the lack of masks and distancing), John Joseph is the one who gets coverage on blabbermouth complaining about BLM protests and looters and nobody complaining about it, then telling people if they didn't want to go they could stay home and "we didn't miss your ass, anyway". JJ has also been pretty vocal about how he doesn't think that Covid is serious; it's really a shame that he's the spokesperson for what went on yesterday.

Anyway, quite a few people I know were there, and in the pics those people weren't wearing masks, and I hope that the need to see live music and not wear a mask doesn't kill any of them off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      The funny thing is that a lot of the NYHC guys are great as you say, and a lot of them will talk about division in the media and black and white points of view...so it's interesting that when some people commented on it on twitter (the lack of masks and distancing), John Joseph is the one who gets coverage on blabbermouth complaining about BLM protests and looters and nobody complaining about it, then telling people if they didn't want to go they could stay home and "we didn't miss your ass, anyway". JJ has also been pretty vocal about how he doesn't think that Covid is serious; it's really a shame that he's the spokesperson for what went on yesterday.

Anyway, quite a few people I know were there, and in the pics those people weren't wearing masks, and I hope that the need to see live music and not wear a mask doesn't kill any of them off.
                      The world may improve if it does.

Comment

• High On Fire are playing in Manhattan in October. I'm tempted by it, but not 100% sure I want to go to packed and sweaty indoor shows just yet.

That said, Tape Hiss (Steve Shelley from Sonic Youth, Ernie Brooks from The Modern Lovers and David Nagler from Nova Social) are playing a free outdoor show within walking distance of our place on Sunday that I might go to.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Oh, wow, that sounds cool.

I'm not sure where I'll be at by October. Right now I'm obviously not into jamming into a small venue, but by October, depending....we shall see.

Comment

• Witch Taint are playing their now super-delayed record release party in Sept. and I'm tempted but that as well. It's a club show but I can't imagine it'll be packed to the gills. Some friends are going, I told them I'd let them know.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Witch Taint are playing their now super-delayed record release party in Sept. and I'm tempted but that as well. It's a club show but I can't imagine it'll be packed to the gills. Some friends are going, I told them I'd let them know.
                              How are your guys' numbers down there?

I was talking about this with some friends the other day, and it kinda fits in with the other thread about the vaccinations being up but the cases still huge, and the fact that Florida had just dropped all of their restrictions; the response was like, "Yeah, Florida is fully open, but you're not hearing about the huge number of cases and the fact that people are still dying from it in large numbers." I don't know. there's so much misinformation out there now, I just kinda put my head down, got my shots, act responsibly, and do my thing.

Comment

• Here's our latest #'s as per the state.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5yrTjQWQAI8Y6T.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	360231

"Total COVID hospitalizations are at 347.Of the 98,677 tests reported yesterday, 607 were positive (0.68% of total).Sadly, there were 3 fatalities."

Click image for larger version

Name:	E5yq5QPWQAEnfzQ.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	360232

Getting the 12-18 year old demographic up to speed will be key, and that hasn't been an option for as long as the 18+ demographic.

But yeah, I'm doing the same thing as you. Trying to still act responsibly so that I can stay safe and help others stay safe.

I've noticed some places in NYC hosting shows asking for proof of vaccination before letting people in.

I know The Foo Fighters sold out MSG a few weeks ago but everyone who had a ticket was supposedly (I wasn't there but this is what was reported) required to show proof of vaccination upon entry and that was made clear ahead of time.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X