Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes.

Comment

• Suicidal Tendencies doing the first album from start to finish in Brooklyn on 7/14. CHUD, who just opened for the Dayglos last week and were really good, are opening.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Oh man, I'm seeing Suicidal in July, I hope that they do the same thing.

Also worth noting, if you have the chance to see Luicidal, do so.

Comment

• Satan are playing in Brooklyn on Oct. 12, I just got tickets.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• FEAR at the Gramercy on 9/21 - woot!
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Reverend Horton Heat is playing with The Blasters, Big Sandy and Junior Brown on 12/7.

Tickets were $20 each after service charge, which seems like a fine deal to me so I pulled the trigger on that.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I'd love to see all of those bands except for the Reverend, except maybe he'll actually try with good musicians on the bill.

I'm going to see whatever is passing for PiL these days in October, because they're playing at Lee's Palace, a rather small venue.

Comment

• I'd go see PiL at Lee's, that'd be rad.

Haven't see The Rev in a few years but last time he played NYC he killed it (but then he had Deke Dickerson playing with him and I think there was some serious competition going on!). I've seen him like 6 times now, always enjoyed it, but this time I'm more interested in the other acts on the bill because I haven't seen any of them play before.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• And the price is right, for sure. I'm sure it'll be a good show, and even if he doesn't play well, you can split.

Yeah, I have to say that PiL doesn't do much for me outside of their first 2 albums, but I think tickets were 30 bucks with service charge, and that's just fine.

Comment

• They're playing Brooklyn 10/15 but tickets are over $50 after service charge and I've got tickets for Satan on 10/14 and NIN on 10/16 so I'm taking the night off so my liver/wallet can recover.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                        I'd go see PiL at Lee's, that'd be rad.

Haven't see The Rev in a few years but last time he played NYC he killed it (but then he had Deke Dickerson playing with him and I think there was some serious competition going on!). I've seen him like 6 times now, always enjoyed it, but this time I'm more interested in the other acts on the bill because I haven't seen any of them play before.
                        I saw the Rev and Big Sandy on the same bill early this year. Rev was the backing band for Big Sandy and it was a good set. Sandy also came back to sing for the end of the Rev set as well.

I've seen PiL thrice and it's been good each time. The bass will kick your ass if the venue has a good sound system.

Comment

• I'm gonna go see Choking Victim tomorrow if it doesn't get rained out.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Just grabbed tickets for High On Fire with Municipal Waste and Toxic Holocaust on 11/11 in Brooklyn.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Not sure if there's any other death/doom metal fans on here but this show is going to be brilliant:

LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

• That's like an eye test chart. I can only read the middle one!
                                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Working...
                                X