INXS stop touring after 35 years..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INXS stop touring after 35 years..

I thought they had given up a few years ago...!!!

I remember them after they had that reality show to find their new singer....after that, zilch!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-20309292

Interesting to see Terence Trent D'Arby was a vocalist for a while!!

They had a few good songs when Hutchence was alive......nothing fantastic though!

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
    Interesting to see Terence Trent D'Arby was a vocalist for a while!!
    Ha!

I too thought they'd given up years ago.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I thought they were okay when Hutchence was the singer. They did some good tracks. Once they hit that reality show business, yikes. Over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        I thought they were okay when Hutchence was the singer. They did some good tracks. Once they hit that reality show business, yikes. Over.
        Pretty much as soon as Hutchence died they were not INXS any more..

He was clearly the only one of them with a "rock star" personality....and the "vibe" of the band.....so when he checked out early, there was no personality left in the group to take over..

Comment

Yeah, i get that the group wanted to continue playing...It's not their fault their singer killed himself.....but they probably would've had more success if the frontman hadn't been the one to go. Bands rarely swap out lead singers and continue to do well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            Yeah, i get that the group wanted to continue playing...It's not their fault their singer killed himself.....but they probably would've had more success if the frontman hadn't been the one to go. Bands rarely swap out lead singers and continue to do well.
            In cases like this one it is probably better to change your name rather than try to carry on with the name that most people associate more with the guy who died!

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
              In cases like this one it is probably better to change your name rather than try to carry on with the name that most people associate more with the guy who died!
              I agree. I can understand them not changing it...I don't know much about INXS, but from what I've heard, they were pretty much a good bar band without Hutchence. He elevated them to stardom level.

Comment

But they were NEVER going to BE INXS that people knew and love without him....regardless of their talent.....

They seem to be doing enough to keep going all these years since he died (15)...so maybe they were not interested in being in the spotlight of fame again....

Comment

RELATED NOTE:

15 years ago he died....but now there are TWO Michael Hutchence movies being made.....

.in case anyone is interested...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...announced.html

Comment

I think one is enough.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Jim Jarmusch would say that there`s no reason not to have two. Trust me.

Comment

He might, but that doesn't necessarily make him right.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think they are going in the "same story but from two different perspectives" kind of films.....

Comment

I thought JD FOrtune was great as their singer. Ah well...

Comment

Originally posted by MetalZ View Post
                              I thought JD FOrtune was great as their singer. Ah well...
                              Was he the one who won the reality tv auditions......I kinda liked the first release they had...and he was a good singer who fit their image well.....But, alas, he was no Michael Hutchence an so I guess the "fans" didn't tlae to him very well....

What was the reason he no longer in INXS?

Comment

Working...
                              X