New Motorhead Album For 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Motorhead Album For 2013

The last studio album was in 2010, right? This is pretty rad news.

"We're gonna start in the New Year, go into the studio in January. We'll go into the rehearsal room about a month before the album and just band stuff out... We're not killing ourselves. We don't get into the studio and say, 'Let's write a hit single!' We've never been one of those bands. We really don't care if everybody likes it; if people like it, to us it's a bonus."

http://www.punknews.org/article/4952...dio-in-january

The article also notes:

Additionally, the band is looking ahead toward 2015, when they will be celebrate 40 years together. On the subject of celebrating the anniversary, Lemmy said "We'll think of something; we always do - probably involving naked women or something."
    Attached Files
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Love the Tiger Beat piccie. I'm on board for a new album.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

New Motorhead Album For 2013

The new Blu ray/DVD/2 cd set is really nice. And unlike Volume 1 it's all in color.

Comment

Good news, indeed. Even the lesser Motorhead records are better than almost everything else in existence. Hell, my favorite record from them is Sacrifice which is hardly a classic in any right...

As long as Lemmy's heart beats, Motorhead albums will be worth a listen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehren H View Post
          As long as Lemmy's heart beats, Motorhead albums will be worth a listen.
          Indeed! Motí¶rhead are an institution, and one of my favourite bands to boot. And Lemmy is like Keith Richards; he's just gonna keep going on and on. I've seen them twice and they were awesome (and loud) both times. I'm a Motí¶rhead fan, right down to my Motí¶rhead wallet! :)

Comment

Awesome news!
            2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Looks like Lemmy is having health issues...they had to cut their Wacken set short.

"This is getting a bit scary. Earlier this summer, Lemmy got a defibrillator installed in his chest to monitor his heart rate and also he revealed that he suffered from an “unspecified hematoma.” This resulted in the band cancelling the majority of their summer tour dates, but they did not cancel today's performance at Wacken Open Air. Turns out the band barely got through half an hour of the set before it had to be stopped due to Lemmy's health.

Blabbermouth reports there were long stretches between the songs that were played. After the penultimate song, guitarist Phil Campbell played a guitar solo and when he stopped there was an eerie silence. Lemmy was able to return for one more song and then left the stage immediately after, never to return.

Festival organizer Thomas Jensen then came out and said the Motorhead set was over and he did not know what to do or say to make it any better."

Comment

Never been a huge Motorhead fan, but Lemmy is still a rock god. Hope its not too serious.

Comment

Lemmy needs to rest...I know that is not really in his vocabulary, but he should lay low for awhile...

Comment

Man. I don't know what else to say, but that sucks. :( Hope he recovers.

Comment

All that hard living is finally catching up with him. Sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom K View Post
                        Lemmy needs to rest...I know that is not really in his vocabulary, but he should lay low for awhile...
                        That's exactly it. He can't keep living the lifestyle he's been living. He's not a young man anymore.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Man, I hope Lemmy is alright. It's kinda disconcerting to hear that he left via ambulance at the Wacken festival. :(

Agreed that he needs to rest. He's Lemmy, he's a legend, and he's hardcore, but he needs to look after his health first, above all. I've seen them twice, and want to see them a third time, with a healthy, well Lemmy rockin' out!

Get well, Lem!

Comment

There were death rumors going around the other day which led to Phil Campbell tweeting that Lemmy was alive and kicking...so hopefully all is well and he just settles down for awhile...We can wait...

Comment

I wonder if his constant on the go lifestyle has anything to do with finances. They probably don't make a lot off album sales (I heard Lemmy himself say something to this effect, sales don't compare to the Fast Eddie era). Touring and merch no doubt are where the money is. I hope he has enough put away that he doesn't feel like they must tour. Obviously his hard drinking etc. also plays a part in current health problems too...

Comment

Working...
                              X