Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Gordon Lightfoot

He's passed away at 84.

My parents were huge fans and then when they divorced and my mom remarried, my stepdad was an even bigger fan, he saw him life at least 20 times. So I heard a lot of Gordon Lightfoot growing up. As a kid, I wasn't into it but as I got older and appreciated different kinds of music more, he definitely grew on me even if I was never a superfan like my parents were. Still, the guy had talent and wrote some great songs.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/01/enter...ath/index.html
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I think we have similar experiences.

He was never my thing, but obviously a huge talent. RIP.

Comment

RIP.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

i was 11 or 12 when I first heard him. If You Could Read My Mind really hit me and has stayed with me the past 50+ years. Easily my favorite of his. RIP.
        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

A staple of my AM radio days as a kid. It was always a comfort to hear him late at night while I was in bed. RIP.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

My friend at work used to jokingly sing this so much I ended up liking it. Good song to go along with the surfing banner. Sundown indeed. RIP.

"When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Sundown is quite a dark song actually. Its my favourite of his songs although the use of If You Could Read My Mind at the end of Wonderland is also really memorable and fitting.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                Sundown is quite a dark song actually. Its my favourite of his songs although the use of If You Could Read My Mind at the end of Wonderland is also really memorable and fitting.

RIP
                "Sundown' was used well in KNIVES OUT.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                X