X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invisible turntable

I'm ordering mine today !!!!!! :)
    https://www.yankodesign.com/2023/03/...lmost-magical/

Hahaha! $2000-4000+ for a turntable?? Nah.

Comment

New generation traditional turntables even cost 10,000 bux :)

Comment

It depends on what you want from a turntable :)

Comment

I thought for a moment it would be one of those ones without a stylus that can only play black vinyl, but I see it has one. Looks very nice but I'm not really a vinyl person, I have cloth ears so vinyl is wasted on me. I do kind of like those AT Sound Burgers just for kitsch reasons.
          agent999
          Last edited by agent999; 03-21-2023, 05:49 AM.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

So this initially looks kinda cool, but a couple of issues:
            1) so, the side of a record which is played would be the side facing downwards? That's gonna take some getting used to.
            2) and, uh, the output is a 3.5 headphone jack, not phono? Boy, the hi-fi nerds are gonna LOVE that!

And also, on a more abstract level, I can't help thinking that the fact that old-fashioned turntables are big, and simple, with obvious, analogue moving parts is a considerable part of the appeal of vinyl for many of us (as well as allowing for the invention & development of cool, 'creative misuse' type practices such as scratching, cross-mixing etc). If I were to upgrade my deck to something that's basically a giant version of a portable CD player, I'd probably find myself questioning why I even bother investing in all these stupid, over-priced, absurdly heavy discs in the first place.... and that's not really a conversation I really want to have with myself just now.
            https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
            http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Audio Technica have the Sound Burgers back in stock, I've ordered one. I'm not a vinyl junkie so having an easy to connect turntable for occasional use that I can easily store appeals.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
                Hahaha! $2000-4000+ for a turntable?? Nah.
                I inherited this one. Can't say I would have spent the dosh on it if I had to buy one, but it is nice having a fuckoff expensive table haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

I inherited this one. Can't say I would have spent the dosh on it if I had to buy one, but it is nice having a fuckoff expensive table haha.

I know that feeling. When I went to pick up a vintage amp for my turntable from a guy who restores and sells vintage equipment, he asked what turntable I had, and when I told him what I’d inherited from my dad, he offered me a complete setup plus cash if I’d trade it to him instead of buying the receiver.

Comment

Working...
                  X