Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAVID CROSBY, RIP

RIP DAVID CROSBY.
    If one were to do a 'Seven degrees of Kevin Bacon' type thing with Classic Rock music, you couldn't do better than have Crosby as your subject.
    The list of artists he collaborated with - The Byrds, CSN, CSN&Y, Buffalo Springfield and was a central figure on the whole Laurel Canyon scene contributing to works by Joni Mitchell, Jefferson Airplane, Carole King and the list goes on and on.
    Crosby himself admitted that few of the artists he collaborated with remained friends with him, but that's a story for another time. He deserves to be remembered as a Songwriter, Producer, Musician and most of all, as a Singer. One of the prime voices on the music scene for decades.
    I got to be on a film set with him a couple of times.

Peace.

Comment

I do like some of the CSN (and sometimes Y) stuff, and I really like the backing vocals he did on David Gilmour's On An Island album. He certainly made a big difference in the world of music even if I wasn't really a fan. RIP.

Comment

I recommend Long Time Gone: The Autobiography of David Crosby - some crazy stories in there.

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
          I recommend Long Time Gone: The Autobiography of David Crosby - some crazy stories in there.
          Yeah, I'll add that to my reading list for sure. Thanks for the recommend!

Comment

Working...
          X