Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
    Anyone see them live?

I saw them at Molson Park in Barrie, Ontario in 1998.
    I was there in 94.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post

Only once in 1992. What I remember was a group of four or five drunk dudes making their way to the front of the crowd before the show, chanting "SO WHAT, SO WHAT, SO WHATCHA WANT!", bobbing up and down in unison and feeling both embarrassed by their behavior and also envious that they were having fun. Not that I wasn't but I never felt comfortable at shows then, always on edge, especially with my girlfriend because I was always on alert for some other guy possibly getting inappropriate with her. I was also only 19 so I wasn't drinking then. Could've loosened me up a bit.

The other thing I recall was seeing a guy near the front of the stage who looked EXACTLY like me. It was terribly unnerving, and my girlfriend was even weirded out by it, the resemblance was so uncanny.

This was the set list:
      1. To All the Girls
      2. Slow and Low
      3. Shake Your Rump
      4. Pass the Mic
      5. Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun
      6. Rhymin & Stealin
      7. Time for Livin'
      8. Egg Raid on Mojo
      9. In 3's
      10. Pow
      11. Live at P.J.'s
      12. Stand Together
      13. Posse in Effect
      14. The New Style
      15. Jimmy James
      16. The Sounds of Science
      17. Finger Lickin' Good
      18. High Plains Drifter
      19. So What'cha Want
      20. Paul Revere
      21. The Maestro
      22. Groove Holmes
      23. Netty's Girl
      24. Lighten Up
      25. Gratitude
      26. Stand Up
      27. Time to Get Ill
      28. Shadrach
      That's a good fucking batch of songs. No opening act that I recall. I know they did shows with L7 and House of Pain on that tour, but I feel like it was just them and the internet seems to concur.

They played here on that tour in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens with Bad Brains and Rollins Band.

I was not there.

Comment

With all due respect to the B Boys, why should they cut a song from their set? If I were Liam Howlett, I'd be like, yeah, no.
        Yeah, I wouldn't either.

Comment

No opening act that I recall. I know they did shows with L7 and House of Pain on that tour, but I feel like it was just them and the internet seems to concur.

I don't remember the year but it must have been this tour. The lineup was House of Pain/L7/Rollins Band/Beastie Boys. They played a relatively small reception hall in Glen Burnie, MD. HoP was a no show, but it was a top ten, possibly top five favorite shows ever. Also caught them at either the third or fourth Lallapalooza, can't remember which one had them in the lineup.

Comment

I remember my brother and I used to work with this douchebag who said to us one time that he hated the Beastie Boys. My brother simply looked at him and said: "You have no soul." .
            Awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post

I don't remember the year but it must have been this tour. The lineup was House of Pain/L7/Rollins Band/Beastie Boys. They played a relatively small reception hall in Glen Burnie, MD. HoP was a no show, but it was a top ten, possibly top five favorite shows ever. Also caught them at either the third or fourth Lallapalooza, can't remember which one had them in the lineup.
              That was the fourth one in 94. I saw them there as well. They were hands down the best band that day, and there were some great bands that day.

Comment

In '98 Mix Master Mike probably did some scratching in those spots.
                Yeah, that's likely. Speaking of Mix Master and the '98 show, the show opened with him doing Tom Sawyer and a mix of other Rush songs (this is according to the set list, because I really have no recollection of it, haha).
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                  They played here on that tour in Toronto at Maple Leaf Gardens with Bad Brains and Rollins Band.
                  Wow.

Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

In SPIN or Rolling Stone there was a Beastie interview where they said that when they toured with Henry Rollins he would come to the side of the stage every time they'd do "Egg Man" and rap along. Just that one song, every night.
                    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

My daughter shocked and amazed her boss by informing him that her favourite Beastie Boys song is Car Thief. I am a very proud father.

Comment

In SPIN or Rolling Stone there was a Beastie interview where they said that when they toured with Henry Rollins he would come to the side of the stage every time they'd do "Egg Man" and rap along. Just that one song, every night.
                        I also remember Henry grooving on stage during Ice-T/Body Count's set at the first Lalapallooza.

Comment

This is rad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FjK3fVJWIAEoN-H.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	405657
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It is!

Comment

Working...